Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall Acquired for Adam Larsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm just now thinking of this but

We acquired the best move that was moved or signed this entire offseason. There was no player of Hall's magnitude or as good as him that was moved this offseason or signed today.

It does feel good to confidently say that. And it also feels good to not have to ask "why can't we have nice things?" While we have to watch other teams make moved blockbuster moves for once.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

We acquired the best move that was moved or signed this entire offseason. There was no player of Hall's magnitude or as good as him that was moved this offseason or signed today.

It does feel good to confidently say that. And it also feels good to not have to ask "why can't we have nice things?" While we have to watch other teams make moved blockbuster moves for once.

PK and Weber were huge. The tade itself is more lateral then this one was.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

No forward for sure.

But iHall better than Subban or Weber?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He is without question better than Weber. I don't think he's better than Subban, though it's close.

I'm not going to disagree or argue with you but if you gave me the choice of a top 5 LW or a perennial Norris trophy candidate I am never taking the forward.

Speaking in generalities here.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm not going to disagree or argue with you but if you gave me the choice of a top 5 LW or a perennial Norris trophy candidate I am never taking the forward.

The biggest question is whether you still believe Weber is a perennial Norris trophy candidate?

He certainly was, but going forward?

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I don't think a lot of you know what kind of player you guys are getting in Hall, since he's been on a bad team for so long. His stats and his advanced stats are all among the best in the league, and he's one of the top wingers in the game. He can singlehandedly win games, and he has a knack for scoring clutch goals. More than that, he is a leader, and you'll notice that more than anything when he plays. 110% every single shift, and a lot of times that effort has brought the rest of the team back from the dead. On a lot of nights, he was the only one trying his best. Because of that, one of his flaws is that he sometimes tries to do too much.

Obviously he has his flaws- average hands for a superstar, hard shot although not too accurate, but he will score goals, put up points, and lead your team. You guys got one hell of a player, and he will become a fan favorite right away. Best of luck in Jersey, Hall.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I don't think a lot of you know what kind of player you guys are getting in Hall, since he's been on a bad team for so long. His stats and his advanced stats are all among the best in the league, and he's one of the top wingers in the game. He can singlehandedly win games, and he has a knack for scoring clutch goals. More than that, he is a leader, and you'll notice that more than anything when he plays. 110% every single shift, and a lot of times that effort has brought the rest of the team back from the dead. On a lot of nights, he was the only one trying his best. Because of that, one of his flaws is that he sometimes tries to do too much.

Obviously he has his flaws- average hands for a superstar, hard shot although not too accurate, but he will score goals, put up points, and lead your team. You guys got one hell of a player, and he will become a fan favorite right away. Best of luck in Jersey, Hall.

His attitude is what I love hearing about him. And now he's coming to a team that competed hard almost every night. The Devils lost games last season because they weren't talented enough. But they had a lot of heart that kept them in the race until February. Thanks for the insight!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think the Weber for Subban trade was a little different than this.

But I guess I will say that Subban was the biggest acquisition of the offseason, then Hall.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is still a franchise altering trade for us.

I still don't think it has sunk in yet. Also I can't stop drooling over his stats (especially those advanced stats).

It will be really interesting and fun to see him in a more structured environment here (no offense Edmonton, but your team game as been lacking for most of his career)

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
It will be really interesting and fun to see him in a more structured environment here (no offense Edmonton, but your team game as been lacking for most of his career)

I more excited to see what he does reunited with Rico and the damage those two can do together.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Subban is overrated. It doesn't show because he's so dynamic, and it takes your attention away from his defensive play.

Weber > Subban.

One has been on the first pair of team Canada who has won 2 straight gold medals, the other one barely cracked the roster

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Subban is overrated. It doesn't show because he's so dynamic, and it takes your attention away from his defensive play.

Weber > Subban.

One has been on the first pair of team Canada who has won 2 straight gold medals, the other one barely cracked the roster

that means nothing

Weber is declining. Did you watch the Sharks abuse him in that series?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
People harp on Subban's defensive mistakes far too much. Sure he might make one bad play, but does that wipe out the nine other good plays he made that helped his team?

Weber is still a very good defenseman, but he's practically achieved mythical status among some people because he's the big, hard shooting Canadian boy who is a good leader. I think within 3-4 years we're going to look back on this and wonder what the hell Montreal was doing.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
People harp on Subban's defensive mistakes far too much. Sure he might make one bad play, but does that wipe out the nine other good plays he made that helped his team?

Weber is still a very good defenseman, but he's practically achieved mythical status among some people because he's the big, hard shooting Canadian boy who is a good leader. I think within 3-4 years we're going to look back on this and wonder what the hell Montreal was doing.

Same thing happens to Karlsson, once someone gets a reputation of being a good offensive d-man, there defensive mistakes get blown into proportion

JerseyDevil92*

Jul 1, 2016
Charleston, WV
Ive had a rough week after my favorite uncle died suddenly...I woke up yesterday morning and saw this trade and I didnt believe it was real at first and then I was stoked

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Ive had a rough week after my favorite uncle died suddenly...I woke up yesterday morning and saw this trade and I didnt believe it was real at first and then I was stoked

I'm sorry about your uncle's death, but I'm glad the Hall trade is a comfort. He's going to be amazing to watch this year for sure.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto

Weber is only a perennial Norris candidate because the people who vote are completely incompetent. Weber is on the decline and it is completely obvious. He is not elite. Subban on the other hand, is most definitely a top 5 Dman in the league IMO. His value is more than likely significantly more than Hall's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad