Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall (50% retained) & Curtis Lazar to Boston for Anders Bjork and a 2nd round pick

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
How the heck did we get a 2nd and Bjork for Hall?! Hall confirmed everything I thought of him yesterday, the dude is just soft. Watching the Sabres push him off the puck so easy is embarrassing. The Sabres, the team that gets pushed around by everyone, put pressure on Hall and the giveaway would follow.

Having one good year has made Hall millions, he doesn't deserve.

Well, by the second period, the Sabres weren't getting pushed around anymore. They were pushing back. But your point is valid.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
It's because the league is trending back towards big, heavy players with more obstruction and board play. It's why guys like vatanen and mete are on waivers, while teams continue to give out prime assets for savard, foligno, etc

It's why Barclay Goodrow fetches a 1st and Hall doesn't.
The whistles tend to stay in their pockets more come playoff time. This is why guys like Bennett do well in the playoffs

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Sabres satisfied to acquire draft 'currency' as key questions loom over where to go from here (paywall)
He (Hall) decided to go. Not only that, but he decided to go to Boston, limiting the Sabres to just one trade partner.

“Yeah, that’s fair to say,” general manager Kevyn Adams said. “The reality of the situation is back in the offseason when we signed Taylor, we felt strongly that we needed to have a one-year deal to make sure that we were being disciplined and remain flexible moving forward. Part of the agreement was to be able to offer him a no-move clause.

“Taylor felt that Boston was the team that he wanted to go to. That was where he felt was the best fit, and contractually he had earned that right to make that call. So, we focused our attention there and obviously were able to get a deal done.”

Adams made the best deal he could under the circumstances. At least we got Bjork and not another Slava Kozlov.

Hasek Traded to Red Wings

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Remember way back when most of us were pissed off that we didn't trade Risto for Hall straight up and EDM went with Larsson instead? Haha, good times.

Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Seen the Bruins score today and I was like.. awe man Hall had to of had a hat trick, then I looked at the box score and Hall had one point..

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
In the end, hall was a free asset that got us assets.

Sweeney still won the edges of the deal (no re-sign conditions, playoff conditions, etc), but Bjork looks like a wise target.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
If Bjork keeps playing like this, I won't even remember that Hall had ever been a Sabre.
(and)

In reality, in 5 years when I try to remember this team, I will remember that Taylor Hall was here, but I will complete and totally forget that Eric Staal was here.
>Hall is the hot girl who finally agrees to go on a date with you at the end of the school year / start of summer. But when dating her, you realize she has halitosis bad enough to peel paint.
>Staal is her well-preserved hot mom, so you think, alright alright alright, until it's a family beach day and they invite you, then you see the topography of cellulite laying on the towel / blanket.
>After they are out of the picture, Bjork is the girl who moves in down the street at the end of the summer who you invite to your neighborhood's Labor Day block party BBQ as a "get to know you" welcome, and you're like, "If I knew then what I know now."

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
"I know for a fact a team that offered a first-round pick for Eakin" :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad