Taylor Hall 13/14 Highlights

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Hall had a great season despite Eberle and Hopkins having off years.

He was a beast and this vid shows it.

Habs fan in peace. Sorry you guys had a rough year. Now don't go mental, but I'd like to know what you guys think:

I am huge on Hall. The kid is going to be a monster. And I know how much you guys love this kid.

Here's the thing: Habs are not going to develop a power scoring wing for the first line in time for our 6 year window, and UFA is always a crap option. Vanek is gone after PO.

I think lack of a another first line elite wing in his prime is going to kill Habs chances at a cup, we have everything else, including quite good D depth, and the Oilers need D, and you can also afford to wait for a few more years to contend, and maybe you can afford to deal Hall given that you will again draft high this year.

I know I'm going to get **** for this, but I would offer Subby if he wants too much, for Hall, a decent D prospect and your second round pick. If you think that is too much, we can debate the terms, but that is not the point.

If we had McDo, this would be a no brainer. Even without him though I think the Habs D can develop well, and a decent no 3-4 UFA D can be had much easier than an elite power winger in his prime.

Edmonton is that very rare team that could ever consider trading a player like Hall, and could replace him with another great pick, and has the youth to replace him. More on that below.

Yes Habs would miss Subby, no question, in fact, he cannot be replaced, but I think Habs have a 5-6 year window, and that the team's prospects are weaker up front far more than on D. It is about balance.

And yes, you guys lose Hall, which is huge, but unlike Habs who need to win pretty soon, I think you might be able to replace Hall through the draft come time to contend starting in 4 years. Oil get a superb franchise D, and retain fantastic young offensive players for the future. And I could see a big improvement for you guys right away with Subban, the start of a winning culture again, which you guys deserve.

Though I don't like it, we could also part with Fucale in the deal, a great goalie prospect that will come on line just as Oil starts to make noise.

It is a rare situation where both teams could survive giving up elite young players, in order to improve where they are weakest. It is possibly a trade that can hugely help both teams with where they are and where they want to go the next 5 years.

The only hitch is how you pay for Subban if he demands 8 mill, and how you then pay for RNH and JE when the time comes. Can be done I think.

And the final key? Don't give up on Yaks. I could have made this a trade for Yaks post, but Habs may not have time to wait for the kid to grow up a bit, which he will. Do not give up on this kid, he is the guy along with your pick this year that might make you forget about Hall, while you enjoy Subban.

Now flame away! And good luck next year guys.

Last edited:

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
No way im trading hall if nuge and ebs bounce back and our pp gets better he should put up 90-100 next year. Im serious too he's elite and like you said, is JUST entering his prime. Besides pk isnt the D id consider trading hall for.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Habs fan in peace. Sorry you guys had a rough year. Now don't go mental, but I'd like to know what you guys think:

I am huge on Hall. The kid is going to be a monster. And I know how much you guys love this kid.

Here's the thing: Habs are not going to develop a power scoring wing for the first line in time for our 6 year window, and UFA is always a crap option. Vanek is gone after PO.

I think lack of a another first line elite wing in his prime is going to kill Habs chances at a cup, we have everything else, including quite good D depth, and the Oilers need D, and you can also afford to wait for a few more years to contend, and maybe you can afford to deal Hall given that you will again draft high this year.

I know I'm going to get **** for this, but I would offer Subby if he wants too much, for Hall, a decent D prospect and your second round pick. Unless Oil make the finals in the next five years, Subby will not hurt Habs, and as far as I know he does not have a NTC.

If we had McDo, this would be a no brainer. Even without him though I think the Habs D can develop well, and a decent no 3-4 UFA D can be had much easier than an elite power winger in his prime.

I would do it, especially if Subby is asking for more than 7.5 Mill.

Edmonton is that very rare team that would ever consider trading a player like Hall, and could replace him with another great pick.

Yes Habs would miss Subby, no question, in fact, he cannot be replaced, but I think Habs have a 5-6 year window, and that the team's prospects are weaker up front far more than on D. It is about balance.

And yes, you guys lose Hall, which is huge, but unlike Habs who need to win pretty soon, I think you might be able to replace Hall through the draft come time to contend starting in 4 years. Oil get a superb franchise D, and retain fantastic young offensive players for the future. And I could see a big improvement for you guys right away with Subban, the start of a winning culture again, which you guys deserve.

Though I don't like it, we could also part with Fucale in the deal, a great goalie prospect that will come on line just as Oil starts to make noise.

It is a rare situation where both teams could survive giving up elite players, in order to improve where they are weakest. It is possibly a trade that can hugely help both teams with where they are and where they want to go the next 5 years.

Now flame away! And good luck next year guys.

this probably won't end well.

in your defence, thats a very respectful and well written post, but suggesting to oiler fans that we trade the only player that we can be proud of, out of this hot mess that was the oilers season, for an enigmatic, albeit talented, dman with attitude issues probably wont go over well here.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
this probably won't end well.

in your defence, thats a very respectful and well written post, but suggesting to oiler fans that we trade the only player that we can be proud of, out of this hot mess that was the oilers season, for an enigmatic, albeit talented, dman with attitude issues probably wont go over well here.

Fair enough, I knew it would piss some of you guys off. If Habs had a really rough season and someone came on to our board suggesting we trade our current best player I'd be a bit ****ed off too. :)

My point was that I think Oil could cover this loss, and get better in the medium and long term, with the goal of contending, which is where the Oil should be. Of course you guys may disagree, and I'm fine with that. You know your team best. I will sign off, good luck to Oil again!

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Fair enough, I knew it would piss some of you guys off. If Habs had a really rough season and someone came on to our board suggesting we trade our current best player I'd be a bit ****ed off too. :)

My point was that I think Oil could cover this loss, and get better in the medium and long term, with the goal of contending, which is where the Oil should be. Of course you guys may disagree, and I'm fine with that. You know your team best. I will sign off, good luck to Oil again!

it's not to say i wouldnt want subban on the oilers, because i would, but the problem comes when we subtract the highest scoring LW in the NHL, our only bonifide superstar whose just 22 years old for a mainly one dimensional dman. now, subban isn't nearly enough to get rid of Hall for. Hall is a legit superstar in the NHL and there is only a handful of players i trade hall for and subban is not one of them.

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
awesome vid!

i just hope that hall develops a nasty physical streak to him, something where he doubles his PIMs in a season. That would make other teams less likely to "run at him" too, sorta like jamie benn and but with more speed, would become unstoppable
Kinda like Backes. And then he gets treated like Backes did against Chi. No thanks.

I want Hall to score the goals and Gazdic to do the nasty work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad