Taylor Fedun

jhoops89

R.I.P. Thrashers
Mar 14, 2012
When the Oilers sent this guy down I was VERY dumbfounded (same with Arcobello). I don't get to watch the Oilers a lot but IMO Fedun was their best defenseman on a terrible defense core. With a couple goals too I thought he was playing well so was there any reason they sent him down and will be get another shot?

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
I don't speak for all Oilers fans, this is just my opinion

But no, they should not have sent him down. They sent him down to make room for Potter, and Potter has befuddled me, his low point coming last game where he batted a puck into his own net. To not even mention his attempt at re-creating a scene from American History X on Taylor Hall.

Potter is a fringe NHL defenceman (at best) with no potential to get better than that, and he plays on one of the league's worst defences.

To be fair, in his last game, Fedun looked a little out of sorts, but as a rookie (coming off the injury of all injuries), you'd expect that. This year is already bunk, why not give a person who (at times) looked like a bonafide top-4 dman? Only Lowe knows.

As to whether he'll get another shot? Larsen's also been a better-than-expected player, and he's on the IR right now. One expects he'll draw back into the 7th race when he gets off the IR. He's currently competing against Grebeshkov (I think we're playing a Grebeshkov-J Schultz pairing, so this'll be entertaining for anyone with Nashville players in their pool) and Corey Potter (ugh). Another player that might get a shot (just for the organization's sake) is Klefbom. He's in tough, but you'll learn quickly to not bet against this kid. I hope we see him permanently up here.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I wouldn't say he was our best defenseman. He was kind of just fitting in.. not too many mistakes, but not too flashy either. However I agree he should still be here and Potter should be in the ECHL. The Acton over Arco thing is more pathetic though.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He was pretty good the first two games and horrendous the last two.

He just isn't strong enough to deal with in-zone defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad