Recalled/Assigned: Taylor Doherty to SJ 1/21

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I just heard that too, interesting that they keep calling up RD. He's certainly earned the call up.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
He's not ready. If he plays significant minutes this will get ugly.

I'm guessing Hannan is still not 100% so he's just replacing Tennyson as an extra, but even if he does get into a game the chances of Doherty getting "significant" minutes are pretty small.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
The next Chris Pronger is here. Watch out NHL :sarcasm:

Is there any defensemen besides Tennyson and Petrecki who have filled in before, that can be trusted to fill in and be solid?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
The next Chris Pronger is here. Watch out NHL :sarcasm:

Is there any defensemen besides Tennyson and Petrecki who have filled in before, that can be trusted to fill in and be solid?

I wouldn't think that the SJ coaching staff would trust any of the Worcester d-men to fill in and be solid right now for anything more then maybe a game or two, though Tennyson is probably closest and I'd put Doherty behind him.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Because why the **** is Doherty up? To get Tennyson back into games? The "experience"? I'm confused.

Reward him for his work in Worcester. Not like they haven't done it before.
A couple of games away from Worcester and in the press-box isn't going to kill his development. Practicing with Robinson might actually help it.

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
A couple of games away from Worcester and in the press-box isn't going to kill his development. Practicing with Robinson might actually help it.

Don't forget the monetary aspect. Doherty makes 3-times as much in the NHL as he does in the AHL, and even a few games in the box make for a nice cash bonus.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Right, I get that, but what if he actually has to play a game? I mean, it doesn't make sense to me to call up someone who shouldn't play more than 6-7 minutes in case of injury.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Right, I get that, but what if he actually has to play a game? I mean, it doesn't make sense to me to call up someone who shouldn't play more than 6-7 minutes in case of injury.

If Hannan is still on IR another d-man will need to have to come out of the line up before Doherty has to play.

Based on his play in Worcester this season I think he'd be fine as a #6 in a sheltered role for a game or two especially against teams like WPG and Minn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad