Confirmed with Link: Taylor Beck to HFD for Justin Fontaine

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
like with Catenacci, this HF profile is a couple years old

CapFriendly says RFA after this year
but i think he may be at stage/age where he needs more NHL games than he's played to be RFA.
Will check and update

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/taylor_beck/

Talent Analysis
Beck is a budding power forward, with a willingness to go to the net. He has demonstrated his goal scoring ability at every level thus far, and has shown in training camp that he has the ability to be a force to be reckoned with. Beck has the talent to be an elite scorer, though his skating could still use some work.

Last edited:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
like with Catenacci, this HF profile is a couple years old

CapFriendly says RFA after this year
but i think he may be at stage/age where he needs more NHL games than he's played to be RFA.
Will check and update

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/taylor_beck/

Talent Analysis
Beck is a budding power forward, with a willingness to go to the net. He has demonstrated his goal scoring ability at every level thus far, and has shown in training camp that he has the ability to be a force to be reckoned with. Beck has the talent to be an elite scorer, though his skating could still use some work.

He's Ryan Malone. Ryan Malone couldn't hang in the new NHL without serious skating improvement. Real good hands around the net

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
He's Ryan Malone. Ryan Malone couldn't hang in the new NHL without serious skating improvement. Real good hands around the net

agreed his future is probably not as full time NHL player

because he has 90 NHL games played,
if i read CBA correctly, yes, he will be RFA

i suspect NYR QO both he and Catenacci as young vets for HWP next year

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Who the **** for who the ****??
Ahhhh, who gives a ****....

if you don't give a , why even post?

sure these are low priority players, no one is arguing that

but they are players with NYR contracts, you never know when they might show up

some guy named Kampfer dressed for NYR just yesterday

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
if you don't give a , why even post?

sure these are low priority players, no one is arguing that

but they are players with NYR contracts, you never know when they might show up

some guy named Kampfer dressed for NYR just yesterday

Oh my god what is with the misplaced stuck sticks today??? Christ almighty....

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Seems he had a decent shot with Nashville. I guess he didn't really take advantage.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He should help Hartford get back to some kind of respectability this year but it's too late for that team to make a playoff run. If Buch stays down there--that's a serious infusion of forward talent. Beck's an RFA and worth resigning for next year--not so much with the hope that he'll make the Rangers but with the idea to make Hartford a playoff team. IMO he's a better player than Hrivik--more offensively gifted for sure.

Going into next season Hartford should have--Beck, Jensen, Hrivik, Nieves, Tambellini, Fogarty, Kovacs, Catenacci and Stromwall. That's not a bad forward group if the second year guys can take a step forward. I would consider bringing Brown back.

Graves, Gilmour, Paliotta on defense. Summers is liked--he might be back too. His +9 leads the team.

All in all Halverson's done pretty well. He's had some stinkers and he needs more development though. Skapski I'd probably give another chance to get it together.

Potential new guys--Gropp, Zborovskiy--maybe Day.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
FWIW, Beck is 2nd highest in WAR in the AHL according to Matt Pfeffer's model (ahlstats.blogspot.ca)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad