taxi squads and replaced players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Does anyone have a list of what each nation's taxi squad was? Also, the iihf's roster announcement page doesn't seem to be there anymore, so does anyone have a link to or a list of the players who were named to their teams and didn't/couldn't go?

Thanks.

For the curious, I work on a roster updating guide for people who play the NHL 06 video game, and part of that guide is olympic rosters. I wanted to be able to include the taxi squads, as well as the "possible team" featuring players who were selected but didn't go versus the actual team that country played with.

quebec2

Dec 1, 2004
Manaus
www.hockeytime.net
I know some of original taxi squads....

USA: Matt Cullen (Carolina), Paul Martin(New Jersey Devils) Ryan Miller (Buffalo Sabres )

SVK: originally: Dominik Granak (Slavia Prague) and forwards Tomas Surovy (Pittsburgh) and Ronald Petrovicky (Atlanta), when Surovy was called up, Miroslav Zalesak replace him

GER: Lasse Kopitz, Marian Bazany, Jan Benda

ITA: Carlo Lorenzi, Nicola Fontanive, Matteo Molteni

SWE: Ronnie Sundin, Niklas Kronwall, Michael Nylander. This was original taxi squad, dunno who rerplaced Sundin and Kronwall when they were called up

CZE: Dusan Salficky,Ales Kotalik dunno who is third man..

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
quebec2 said:
I know some of original taxi squads....

SVK: originally: Dominik Granak (Slavia Prague) and forwards Tomas Surovy (Pittsburgh) and Ronald Petrovicky (Atlanta), when Surovy was called up, Miroslav Zalesak replace him

SWE: Ronnie Sundin, Niklas Kronwall, Michael Nylander. This was original taxi squad, dunno who rerplaced Sundin and Kronwall when they were called up
Kronwall was called up during the games, therefore nobody replaced him.

Slovakia originally had Radivojevic in the taxi squad (as announced in december) not Surovy, but Radivojevic pulled out. Then Petrovicky was called up just before the Games and Petrovicky took Petrovicky's place, I think.

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
quebec2 said:

Sundin was never technically part of the taxi squad, since he was named to the squad before the tournament started. Nylander was never in Turin, and never had any official status as a replacement.

Kronwall and Johathan Hedström were the only Swedes flown to Turin as possible replacement players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad