Tavares Worst Captain Ever

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
lol come on leafs fans... Tavares isnt that bad, we all knew he would regress near the end of the contract. it's not his fault the cap didnt rise.
what you guys all expected us to just walk through Boston or something? we have like 8 years of FAILURE. how did you expect any less.

the series also isnt over and last I checked Tavares was leading the team in take aways. and I dunno if you have noticed but Matthews isnt makeing all that much of a difference either.

relax and enjoy some good playoff hockey cause we likely only have a few games left. this team never had what it takes. the closest they got was last years roster and they only managed 5/16.

also far from the worse

• Haha
Reactions: rahad and My3Sons

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
lol come on leafs fans... Tavares isnt that bad, we all knew he would regress near the end of the contract. it's not his fault the cap didnt rise.
what you guys all expected us to just walk through Boston or something? we have like 8 years of FAILURE. how did you expect any less.

the series also isnt over and last I checked Tavares was leading the team in take aways. and I dunno if you have noticed but Matthews isnt makeing all that much of a difference either.

relax and enjoy some good playoff hockey cause we likely only have a few games left. this team never had what it takes. the closest they got was last years roster and they only managed 5/16.

also far from the worse

The Leafs are underdogs, but it's not like many other teams in the east would fare any better against Boston.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Most overrated captain ever. He is one if the key reasons the Leafs won’t win the cup. If he was a true leader, he would retire in the offseason to provide cap space.

Reactions: rahad

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
The Leafs are underdogs, but it's not like many other teams in the east would fare any better against Boston.
How are they underdogs when the Bruins were 7th overall and the Leafs were 10th? The Bruins only won two more games all year in regulation. The East was tight all year, not much difference between the top 3 teams and even Tampa.

As for the captain, he seems to be a quiet leader with not much outward enthusiasm. No one on the team is suited for that role, maybe Gio.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Why would they make Dion Phaneuf Captain? A low IQ player that took a lot of dumb penalties. That feels like a "Brian Burke" choice.

He was willing to take a leadership position for the team when they were bad, and were facing an enormous amount of scrutiny from the fans and media.

He still didn't hesitate to go out and face the press after every game and take the heat off the rest of the players.

Imo he gets way too much flack for things beyond his control. He didn't build the team

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If you are saying McDavid is not a good captain than you are an idiot, McDavid carries the team on his back. Why don't you give the captaincy to "I scored 69 goals in the regular season" wonder boy and see what he he does.
McDavid is so last year. So he got 100 assists. That’s pedestrian . Couldn’t even win the scoring title and fine he’s leading the playoffs in scoring but it’s a small sample size. Guy is clearly on the back nine and I doubt he ever scores 150 piunts more than a handful of times in his career. What a has been. How many firsts is Edmonton attaching to dump that awful contract?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
How are they underdogs when the Bruins were 7th overall and the Leafs were 10th? The Bruins only won two more games all year in regulation. The East was tight all year, not much difference between the top 3 teams and even Tampa.

As for the captain, he seems to be a quiet leader with not much outward enthusiasm. No one on the team is suited for that role, maybe Gio.

Well I mean according to hfboards it's a miracle the Leafs make the playoffs every year and are a bunch of bums and losers.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I don't think he's the worst captain ever but I think you can point to his signing for when the rebuild went the wrong direction.

Reactions: bh53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad