Tavares gross misconduct ?

IslanderPride

Fire & Ice
Jul 5, 2008
NY
Did any one notice that JT got a gross misconduct at the end of the Rag gm ? So what dies that mean ?

NHL-What does Gross Misconduct Mean? A match penalty that was imposed to players and team personnel for extreme unsportsmanlike conduct. Gross misconducts were eliminated from the NHL in 2000, and this type of infraction is now given as a game misconduct.
Sporting Charts explains Gross Misconduct Players and/or managers who were given a gross misconduct penalty would be suspended from participating in the remainder of the game in which they were assessed the penalty and they would automatically be fined a sum of $200. Furthermore, they were subject to additional fines or suspensions depending on the severity of their actions. In the official NHL league record, players who received gross misconduct penalties would be assessed a ten-minute penalty. Examples of incidents that were assessed gross misconducts were abuse of an on-ice official or abuse of a spectator. The gross misconduct penalty (formerly Rule 24 of the NHL rulebook) no longer exists and the penalty is part of the rules for game misconduct penalties. The term "gross misconduct" is officially no longer in use by the NHL

Green Blob*

There is no more gross misconduct. He received a misconduct for his unsportmanlike roughing at the end of the game, Dorsett received it as well. This happens often in a the season.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
i think JT received it because he told the referees how brutal they were. and they were. that's my guess.

like, wtf was going on at the end? right off the face off, Hagelin goes over and mows down Okposo (who is on his knees), after the whistle, and starts spouting off to him. Clutter comes over, and the referees jump him, and drag him down. and let Richards poke away at him. didn't see Dorsett, but can only imagine what that clown was up to.

the referees have too much control, IMO. they need to be constantly assessed, and rewarded/penalized. they control the game too much, to be allowed to have free reign. like everyone else in the game, they should be held accountable for messing up, and rewarded for good games.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
i think JT received it because he told the referees how brutal they were. and they were. that's my guess.

like, wtf was going on at the end? right off the face off, Hagelin goes over and mows down Okposo (who is on his knees), after the whistle, and starts spouting off to him. Clutter comes over, and the referees jump him, and drag him down. and let Richards poke away at him. didn't see Dorsett, but can only imagine what that clown was up to.

the referees have too much control, IMO. they need to be constantly assessed, and rewarded/penalized. they control the game too much, to be allowed to have free reign. like everyone else in the game, they should be held accountable for messing up, and rewarded for good games.

i never like to say " oh we lost because of the refs", because its so cliche, but i saw a lot of questionable calls tonight on both sides. we got the short end of the deal, but i totally agree with the part in bold

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Never one to defend the refs (though I thought last night was called fairly consistent), but if the Isles could just score on their PP's last night, we're not having this discussion.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Never one to defend the refs (though I thought last night was called fairly consistent), but if the Isles could just score on their PP's last night, we're not having this discussion.

Tend to agree with this. Over the course of the year the Isles will get calls for/against them and it all ends up evening out. There really weren't any grossly missed penalties last night (except for the Grabner hook; didn't get why that wasn't called).

We lost because of the too many men penalty. Killed all momentum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad