Proposal: Tatar coming to Philly?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This is as credible as me saying on here Hextall should target [insert any player's name here] this offseason. It's just some bloggers opinion on what he would do.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I mean, the origin of this "rumor" is a joke, but just in general, I am really not in the mood to be collecting other teams' unwanted detritus. We have the chance to build a team of homegrown prospects, who we can then move at our leisure for upgrades. I just want to wait for them, and for that time, rather than trawl through the bargain bin of NHL castoffs. This is not meant as a slight against Tartarsauce, just a general thought. Although, I would like to slight that stupid article, which I didn't click on but know in my blood is a piece of **** lol.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'll just leave this here...

Imagine if we could find some LW help outside of a trade.

Like, for instance, maybe someone playing in an overseas league? Someone young, with good size, goalscoring touch. Among the top scorers of his league at a very young age. Wouldn't even need a non-ELC contract.

Best part is we wouldn't need to be stupid as **** and trade away a young defensemen for him, like those idiots are suggesting. I reckon we could probably get him pretty cheap. Like... maybe a 5th round pick from the 2014 draft?

But hey, what do I know? I'm just a fan, not a professional writer.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I'll just leave this here...

giphy.gif

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I don't think that this article is supposed to be a "rumor" article, so I'm not sure why people are talking about it being credible. It is just a suggestion about a possible trade and what it might cost...like all the trade proposals discussed on here. It is just a more in depth post about a trade and why they want him and what it might cost. Relax.

As far as the suggestion, I'd be in on Tatar depending on the price. I would not bet the farm on him, but I would be willing to move something for him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hagg and a 3rd rd pick

His production like a lot of forwards is PP dependent, at ES he's solid but not special, basically a 15-15 30 guy, and he's not getting a lot of PP time here. Nor is he the prototype two way forward, lacks size, though he's put up solid possession numbers since he hit the NHL. Think Konecny lite. Also depends on what kind of money he's looking for from an extension.

Note that he had 3 full seasons in the AHL, so his rookie "breakout" performance wasn't unexpected. And his lack of progress since his big season suggests he is what he is and there isn't a lot of upside here.

Morin or Sanheim? Not in this universe, maybe in an "alternative facts" one.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Hagg and a 3rd rd pick

His production like a lot of forwards is PP dependent, at ES he's solid but not special, basically a 15-15 30 guy, and he's not getting a lot of PP time here. Nor is he the prototype two way forward, lacks size, though he's put up solid possession numbers since he hit the NHL. Think Konecny lite. Also depends on what kind of money he's looking for from an extension.

Note that he had 3 full seasons in the AHL, so his rookie "breakout" performance wasn't unexpected. And his lack of progress since his big season suggests he is what he is and there isn't a lot of upside here.

Morin or Sanheim? Not in this universe, maybe in an "alternative facts" one.

So ... taking all of that into consideration ... why would we give up Hagg and a 3rd for him? Better to just hold onto them, no?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If he'd sign a reasonable extension Tater would be a solid 3rd line winger and he's only 26. There's value there, I think similar to Read at his peak. But as Read showed, these kind of players can fall off by the time they're 30. So if you think he'll be a RFA overpay, not worth acquiring.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
If the price is right I'd like to see about 95% of the NHL instead of what we have.

Exactly this. In fact this is my stance on almost any trade proposal. Yeah, I'd love to have that guy. IF the price is right. Sometimes the price might be fair, but in the scheme of the direction of our team, it might not make sense. This is why trades dont happen all the time. There has to be a good reason for the trade from both sides perspective and it has to be the right price in the eyes of each team.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Exactly this. In fact this is my stance on almost any trade proposal. Yeah, I'd love to have that guy. IF the price is right. Sometimes the price might be fair, but in the scheme of the direction of our team, it might not make sense. This is why trades dont happen all the time. There has to be a good reason for the trade from both sides perspective and it has to be the right price in the eyes of each team.

I'm pretty much the exact opposite lol. That's not to say I am happy with what we have - I'm not insane - it's just that I would rather wait for the prospects. I know it doesn't have to be an "either/or" necessarily, but there aren't that many players right now that I look at and say "I wish he played for us" (aside from untouchable young guys those teams would never trade).

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If Laughton or Hagg or Weise and a mid round pick were all that would be required to get Tatar, they'd have their butts shipped out pronto. Tatar is a 20+ goal/50 point winger, who can play either side, who is arguably the best 5v5 forward on the Wings in terms of stellar possession stats and consistent scoring. He'd be an excellent player to have at one of our 2 top 6 LW positions. I just don't want to give up the actual assets he would cost......but then again, we're talking about Ken Holland.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Yeah i dont see the hate for someone who scores 20 a year over the trash lw we put out on the ice.... Id definitely deal hagg and a 4th or something like that

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
If Laughton or Hagg or Weise and a mid round pick were all that would be required to get Tatar, they'd have their butts shipped out pronto. Tatar is a 20+ goal/50 point winger, who can play either side, who is arguably the best 5v5 forward on the Wings in terms of stellar possession stats and consistent scoring. He'd be an excellent player to have at one of our 2 top 6 LW positions. I just don't want to give up the actual assets he would cost......but then again, we're talking about Ken Holland.

That's how I feel. They would want a lot for him. They do need D so they probably value our guys more. No way do we give up our future stud d for him. Hagg + seems low.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad