Proposal: Target Prospects

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Who are some target prospects over the next couple years that the Hawks can go after via trade to help speed up this rebuild?

Example.
Fleury to EDM for Holloway, Lavoie

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I’ve actually stayed before that I’d love to see both Kane and Toews retire as Hawks but that said, if we could at the very least get a 1st rounder for both…I’d be happy with that…Panarin got Columbus nothing when he left, Sundin got Toronto nothing when he left, Tony Amonte left the Hawks and Chicago got nothing…

so when I hear/read rumours of Kane to NYR for Kakko, Kravtsov, 1st rounder and more….that’s exciting

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Good thread. I find myself thinking about this most of the time with where we are at.

Toronto could be a good target. They're competing but have Niemela, Robertson, Amirov etc.

I especially want Niemela. Adding him to Jones would give us two pairings with offense and he's close.

How about:

Murphy + Kubalik @50% for
Niemela + Ritchie and Holl (for cap)

If T/K waives,

NYR and Carolina has some nice prospects for Kane.
Toews at 50% for Kaut maybe? Colorado is about the only one I could see use Toews.

Last edited:

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
One thing I didn't realize is how much Vegas made life difficult for themselves by trading for Eichel (to put it mildly).

Even with the 1M cap increase, they'll only have 4.6M to fill 3 forward spots and 1D.

And that's without re-signing Reilly Smith, McNabb, Janmark and specific for us, Nic Hague and Nicolas Roy who are both young players just entering their early prime and are upcoming RFAs this summer.

Actually I'm sure as hell VGK is going to try everything in their power to move Dadonov's 5M/1yr contract specifically to keep those two, but we could still offer sheet one, or trade for Dadonov to get one, smtg like that.

Those two are both players who I'd take in an instant.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Watching the world juniors and looking at different drafts...Detroit did it right! What a prospect pool.

Sieder...top 2 D
Edvinsson...top 2 D
Zadina...top 6 F
Raymond...top 3 F
Cossa...#1 goalie
Wallinder...top 6 D
Hanas...top 9 F
Tuomisto...top 9 F
Veleno...top 9 F
Bednar...#2 goalie
Mazur...top 9 F

Reactions: ujju2 and Muffinalt

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well 1 target orospect Hawks could consider signing this summer as a free agent is Niko Ojamaki who has so far 27 goals and 13a in 42 GP for Vijaya pools in the KHL...

He is a 26 yr old from Finland....RW. shoots right ...5'11 185 lbs...

A sniper not so much a playmaker...but Hawks need another RW sniper who shoots right.. Voukd be a fit...

Free agent this sumner as hus co tracts ends after this season.

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
what are you questioning? Both are FA and yes I know Kubalik is RFA but Lavoie I am extremely high on and I dont think you get much more than him ..Yes I would prefer Holloway or Broberg from Edmonton but I dont think Kubalik or MAF can get you them.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
I wouldn't trade Kubalik because I think he is what DeBrincat was 2 years ago. Kubalik is getting chances almost every game but don't score.

Reactions: Pez68

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Kubalik will bounce back. He scored 30 goals as a rookie. And whether or not he returns to being that good, he should at least be a 20 goal scorer.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
what are you questioning? Both are FA and yes I know Kubalik is RFA but Lavoie I am extremely high on and I dont think you get much more than him ..Yes I would prefer Holloway or Broberg from Edmonton but I dont think Kubalik or MAF can get you them.

Oh well since you are extremely high on Lavoie then I guess we should all just jump in line and agree to giving up a guy who has scored thirty in an NHL season plus a number 1 goalie for a lottery ticket prospect.

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
Maybe learn to read! You know something to do with a thing called RFA and FA ....why hold onto players with no intention of signing? Deal now to gain picks and prospects. Listen I want Kubalik long term but Blackhawks have shown zero indication they want to lock him up to multi year deal so if that the case trade him to a contender now like Edmonton who might be willing to give a top prospect to secure a SC.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I don’t watch much of Edmonton but that game last night against the Blues—holy hell is their defense a mess. They were getting walked at the blue line then the puck carrier was practically alone with the goalie. They can’t be taken seriously in the playoffs with their lack of depth offensively and not much shutdown going on defensively. Drai made it look easy by keeping them close when they went down 2-0 he went down the ice to get one back immediately, but that doesn’t usually work in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00