Friedman: Tarasenko's name is out there in trade discussions

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
What would the cost for him be? I know I'm a big fan of his but giving up more than a conditional first seems too risky to me.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Tarasenko has a full NTC with two years remaining at 7.5M AAV. I can't see him returning anything of significant value at this point, having missed most of the last two seasons. Also can't see many teams being interested in this flat cap environment. Blues would have to retain a good chunk of salary which they historically haven't done that as an organization. Tarasenko changed agents this offseason which I found somewhat peculiar considering he has 2 years remaining on his deal. Paul Theofanous, who represents Panarin and Bobrovsky, is now representing Tarasenko. The trade rumors could be coming from his new agent.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
It would take alot of balls to give up what the Blues would probably ask for for Tarasenko.

He's a great player when healthy, but I'd have a very hard time coming to the conclusion that I could trust his health on a 24 game sample after the most recent surgery. Going into that surgery there was alot of speculation that his shoulder would be beyond full repair and there were some doubts he'd ever play again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really cheering for him because he's awesome to watch, but there is no way, if I'm the GM of any team in any situation at all, that I'd pay a price befitting of a 100% healthy, no unusual injury risk Tarasenko.

If he can get through a full season without shoulder issues, or at least get to around the 2022 deadline, then I'd revisit this.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
What would the cost for him be? I know I'm a big fan of his but giving up more than a conditional first seems too risky to me.
Then why would blues give up 30 goal scorer who looked oo I playoffs and great I. I ternational. Better for blues to keep him.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad