Tarasenko's future

Fulcrum

From a recent interview:

"In my near future plans, I will rest and decide on my future: where to continue my career."

http://allhockey.ru/news/97767/

This quote, to me, sounds like he is very seriously considering N.A. It is a contrast from his past interviews where he was pretty set on staying. Now however, I'm guessing, that from meeting some NHL guys, he's prepared to make the next step.

There is more to the interview, where he basically says that it was a good experience and how he enjoyed meeting teammates, however disappointed with the end result.

Where would he possibly fit on the St Louis roster?

Jzk

Mar 12, 2009
He doesn't know if he wants to buy out the rest of his contract and play another year in the KHL or take a pay cut and start new in the NHL. I think he'll defiantly play in in the NHL. Either starting in 2011 or 2012 he hasn't made up his mind yet.

As for fitting in on the Blue's roster some where in the top 9 probably averaging more ice time than he did in the KHL.

Fulcrum

It would be nice if he averages more than 14 minutes in the NHL for his 1st season

Bob Sacamanu

Nov 11, 2008
That's a little unsettling. From what I had read in previous interviews, it sounded like he had already made up his mind to come over. I really hope to see him here for camp next year.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
IMO, if he is in the NHL next year, the Calder will be a divisional battle between Tarasenko and Johansen. Might have to get Center Ice to catch those 6 games.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He made it clear before WC that he'll make the decision depending on the invitation to the national team. Now, after Bykov benched him for most of the tournament(which is beyond my understanding) he'll probably tend to go, 'cause i think that's not the kind of role on the NT he imagined.

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
If he decides to come over he will be in the Blues top 9 and possibly top 6 depending on whether he beats out D'Agostini or not, or if there are injuries. If everyone is healthy after camp The Blues will have 3 lines that they can roll with equal ice time. I think he would probably start on the third line and then end up moving up to the 2nd or 1st line and get more pp time as the season goes on. The Blues will look to put him in a position to succeed.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Well, Sibir is in rebuilding mode, and a team's head coach is you know who. If he will ask Vladimir to stay for one more season, I doubt Tarasenko-jr will give his father up...

A bit offtopic, but I've been trying to recall for sometime whom does Tarasenko remind me. And now I think it's Krutov. Not a big frame, but very tough. Good speed, good hands, good playmaking ans very responsible on defense. The only difference is he is a RW.

Last edited:

Fulcrum

Tarasenko announced that he is staying 1 more season- on the Sibir team's website.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
3rd line right wing:

McDonald-Backes-D'Agostini
Perron-Berglund-Stewart
Steen-Oshie-Tarasenko

...though the line-ups change pretty frequently in STL.

Is that actually your third line? That's ridiculous. Even just Steen and Oshie being on the third line makes me puke. So much talent. St. Louis has a nice future.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Is that actually your third line? That's ridiculous. Even just Steen and Oshie being on the third line makes me puke. So much talent. St. Louis has a nice future.

Please tell that to my fellow Blues fans who are freaking out now that Tarasenko isn't coming over this year! I certainly bummer he's not coming this year, especially since he said on a number of occasions that he planned on playing in the NHL in 2011-12 but I'm not too worried about him never coming over. Hopefully it'll just be delayed a year. The Blues do have some good forward depth but it would've been nice if Tarasenko would've come over, especially with Perron's return still in doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad