Friedman: Tanner Jeannot being scratched for a trade, Lightning interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I don't understand what a 3rd party could do to help them replace two first round picks that they don't have. What are they bartering?

A team who values one of Tampas players as a first and flips their first to Nashville? That would be my guess but I can’t think of the player or team

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Don't let Tampa get Jeanott ffs.

Also 2 firsts is hilarious for that guy, but as a Pens fan I would be borderline tempted just based on how different he is than the rest of the roster,

Reactions: OVO16

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Why is everyone concerned over Tampa Bay getting Jeanott?

I don't think he is a needle-mover.

Reactions: Byrddog

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really like Jeannot but anyone who pays a 1st+ for him is an idiot IMO.

He's a terrific addition to pretty much any team's 3rd line, but you shouldn't be paying a 1st+ for a 3rd liner unless the rest of your team is amazing.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
How much does the needle need to move for Tampa?
Quite a bit.

Toronto is much better this year than last year. O'Reilly is a game-changing forward.

Tampa Bay is worse this year than last year.

I don't see how Jeanott closes the gap for Tampa Bay.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Is it possible that the 2 1sts price is actually for Jeannot and something else? It and the person reporting it simply did not get the whole story?

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Quite a bit.

Toronto is much better this year than last year. O'Reilly is a game-changing forward.

If you guys are that much better than Tampa then you should probably cruise your way to the cup.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Quite a bit.

How is Tampa worst than last year? Jeannot just replaces whoever the depth piece they lost to UFA was lol

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Who does Tampa have to offer? Finley? A 2025 1st? They're in so much cap hell for next season it's not even funny. They'll be targets for RFA offers with Colton and if they get Jeannot. Will need to deal Cirelli or Cernak this offseason as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad