Tanner Glass retires

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

gUozH3K.gif

Legend

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
How can he help develop hockey players? I mean him no disrespect, but c'mon.

I've seen people say things like this on this board before and I don't get it. Developing players and tailoring them for the 'NHL doesn't require you to be a super skilled player yourself.

Glass as a hockey player was still 99% better than the general population at the game of hockey, he stuck around pretty damn long in the NHL. Plus, he's Harvard educated and understands a lot about the game, even if he wasn't that great at it at the highest level.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
500+ games, hard to argue with that considering his skill set. God how I don't miss him and Craig Adams on the Pens 4th line.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I've seen people say things like this on this board before and I don't get it. Developing players and tailoring them for the 'NHL doesn't require you to be a super skilled player yourself.

Glass as a hockey player was still 99% better than the general population at the game of hockey, he stuck around pretty damn long in the NHL. Plus, he's Harvard educated and understands a lot about the game, even if he wasn't that great at it at the highest level.

This. Some of the best hockey minds/communicators just can't quite play at an elite level themselves, doesn't mean they can't help others though. Some of my best coaches were terrible players but knew their crap, some of my worst coaches just said "it's easy, look!" which really didn't help. Just came up in another thread, but- I wonder if Gretzky being such a natural is what made him such a poor coach. How do you communicate something you can just do on instinct?

Can he not at least wait a bit longer to announce this to give the Blues their time in the limelight?

He wants to be transparent. Eh? EHHH?

Seriously though, no one is gonna halt the parade for Tanner Glass.

Reactions: Golden Puppers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad