GDT: TankTown Express: I Forgot There was a Game Tonight

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
e218c7_4424b0d070da4b30bb71b3cff0a72459~mv2.jpg

GOOOOOOOOD MORNING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN and welcome to the TankTown Express. Tonight we play a game against the Blackhawks in a battle of who sucks more.

PROJECTED LINEUP
Forwards

Saad - Schenn - Vrana
Blais - Kapanen - Kyrou
Toropchenko - Walker - Pitlick
Neighbours - Brown - Leivo

Defense

Leddy - Parayko
Scandella - Faulk
Krug - Rosen

Goalie

Binnington

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
e218c7_4424b0d070da4b30bb71b3cff0a72459~mv2.jpg

GOOOOOOOOD MORNING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN and welcome to the TankTown Express. Tonight we play a game against the Blackhawks in a battle of who sucks more.

PROJECTED LINEUP
Forwards

Saad - Schenn - Vrana
Blais - Kapanen - Kyrou
Toropchenko - Walker - Pitlick
Neighbours - Brown - Leivo

Defense

Leddy - Parayko
Scandella - Faulk
Krug - Rosen

Goalie

Binnington
Is binnington confirmed as the starter?

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
It's getting near the time when the Gateway Honda Dealers will get the Michael Scott giant check for "every power play goal" as John Kelly mentions. They'll grin and stand behind it.

Last year the Blues had 65 power play goals and the extremely wealthy regional car dealers cheaped out and wrote a $28,000 giant check for 56 PP goals. It's probably the kind of fine print ways these car dealers screw customers over, bragging about every goal and chintzing sick kids for $4,500 because they only got ~200 on-air mentions instead of ~220.

Let's keep this in perspective this entire donation is a tax write off worth the price of a single used Accord.

• Wow
Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Missing 2 of our top 3 players and I’m still not sure we can lose. The Hawks have one of the worst rosters I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I bet the tank wishers are glad Thomas and Buchnevich are out tonight. They are hoping that without them, The Blues might not be able to score enough to win this game. But that may be tough to do, anyway, because The Hawks don't want to win, and have a significantly worse lineup despite The Blues' injuries.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Nice to see Blais crashing the net even on The Blues' first time in The Hawks' Zone! He really wants to be in The Blues' Top 9 going into next season's Camp.

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
I know I should want to lose ... but I still find myself hoping for a win

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Hawks showing more effort than I expected.
What would happen if both teams were trying to lose, and no player would score in regulation or OT, and no one would score in the shootout. Would the game end in a 0-0 tie after the shootout taking all night???? And the The NHL would fine each of the 2 teams their next five drafts' 1st Round choices?

The Blues are on The Power Play, so my question might be moot.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
What would happen if both teams were trying to lose, and no player would score in regulation or OT, and no one would score in the shootout. Would the game end in a 0-0 tie after the shootout taking all night???? And the The NHL would fine each of the 2 teams their next five drafts' 1st Round choices?

The Blues are on The Power Play, so my question might be moot.
We may find out

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
An interesting, not-very-well-played 1st Period by a team trying to lose, and a depleted, team playing half-heartedly. Even so, The Blues have dominated possession after the first 8 minutes, and so, are likely to win this one, unless The Hawks get unlucky, and score some goals by accident.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad