GDT: TankTown Express, Home Port vs the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Rocky_Mountaineer.jpg

Hello ladies and gentlemen, this is your TankTown Express conductor here once again. After a derailment to the TankTown Express in Long Island, we return home for repairs only to have Winnipeg 1st Place Engines in Port. Please keep your Hopes and Dreams inside the Train at all times.

Forwards

Schenn - O'Reilly - Leivo
Kyrou - Thomas - Tarasenko
Saad - Barbashev - Bitten
Walker - Acciari - Pitlick

Defense

Leddy - Parayko
Rosen - Faulk
Mikkola - Bortuzzo

Goalie

Greiss

Last edited:

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I think it is the correct decision to go with Greiss tonight. Binner hasn't had his A game over the last several starts. He's lost 6 straight starts and hasn't hit the .900 SV% mark in any of those 6 games. I don't think his game has been as poor as the .827 SV% in that stretch suggests, but it certainly hasn't been good. Binner is still not this team's biggest issue, but his play has dipped since a couple weeks ago.

Meanwhile, Greiss has won his last 3 starts and has been decent. Not great, probably not good, but at least decent. He's allowed 4 goals in each of the 3 wins, but he faced 128 shots in those 3 games.

I think Greiss deserves this start more than Binner based purely on recent play and it makes even more sense given Binner's workload so far and his very obvious frustration. Binner is currently tied for 1st in games played and the Blues have played fewer games than the teams of every goalie he's tied with.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think it is the correct decision to go with Greiss tonight. Binner hasn't had his A game over the last several starts. He's lost 6 straight starts and hasn't hit the .900 SV% mark in any of those 6 games. I don't think his game has been as poor as the .827 SV% in that stretch suggests, but it certainly hasn't been good. Binner is still not this team's biggest issue, but his play has dipped since a couple weeks ago.

Meanwhile, Greiss has won his last 3 starts and has been decent. Not great, probably not good, but at least decent. He's allowed 4 goals in each of the 3 wins, but he faced 128 shots in those 3 games.

I think Greiss deserves this start more than Binner based purely on recent play and it makes even more sense given Binner's workload so far and his very obvious frustration. Binner is currently tied for 1st in games played and the Blues have played fewer games than the teams of every goalie he's tied with.
Yeah, I don't get why our coaching staff always seems dead set on giving him a crazy workload. There's a pretty healthy space in between tandem and workhorse, but it seemingly doesn't exist in St. Louis. Being a workhorse is as much a mental thing as it is a physical thing, and I'm not sure Binnington has proven he can be a true workhorse.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Hoping for a lot of goals from ROR/Tarasenko/Barbie and a loss to help the tank

Allens Five Hole

Jan 17, 2017
Yeah, I don't get why our coaching staff always seems dead set on giving him a crazy workload. There's a pretty healthy space in between tandem and workhorse, but it seemingly doesn't exist in St. Louis. Being a workhorse is as much a mental thing as it is a physical thing, and I'm not sure Binnington has proven he can be a true workhorse.
Agreed. There are maybe 3 goaltenders in the NHL that I would consider true workhorses. Vasi, Helle, and Shesterkin. Every year, it seems like we only allow Binner off nights if its a B2B. There was a perfect opportunity to give Binner some rest back around the Thanksgiving break and they opted to start him in BOTH games either side of Thanksgiving.

Binner is someone who needs about 55 starts a year yet gets the workload of about 65-70 until he completely nosedives and then needs a reset.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

They've been riding Binny pretty hard. He's needed a little bit of an extended break imo.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
They've been riding Binny pretty hard. He's needed a little bit of an extended break imo.
Preaching to the choir lol. We do it every year.

We seem to be one of the last organizations in the league who believes that any number 1 should play 65+ games.

Reactions: Blueston and mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Awesome to have Steve Cash in the US Hockey Hall of Fame! Also didn't know that Lowry was a native of St. Louis.

Reactions: Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad