GDT: TankTown Express, Derailment in Alberta.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
rails-train-off-wherewearegoing-backtothefuture-1338955001l.jpg

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome to the TankTown Express. Last night we had Junior Conductor Kyrou go off on his own and we have been derailed in Calgary, Alberta. Please keep your Hopes and Dreams inside the Train while we complete repairs.

Forwards

Saad - O'Reilly - Leivo
Schenn - Buchnevich - Tarasenko
Barbashev - Thomas - Kyrou
Toropchenko - Acciari - Pitlick

Defense

Leddy - Parayko
Krug - Faulk
Mikkola - Bortuzzo

Goalie

Binnington / Greiss

Last edited:

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
2-0-1 in the last 3 and 3-1-1 in the last 5. They haven't been pretty or confidence-inspiring efforts but taking 7 of 10 possible points is exactly what this team had to do to stay even arguably in the hunt. Tonight is another game against a bubble team (as are the 2 after that). This team is showing some resiliency with their backs fully against the wall and Binner is certainly not buying into a tank.

Playoffs are a long shot and this team has lots of issues. It certainly looks like we should be sellers, but it it is real hard to actively root for a tank during a week like this.

Allens Five Hole

Jan 17, 2017
Playoffs are a long shot and this team has lots of issues. It certainly looks like we should be sellers, but it it is real hard to actively root for a tank during a week like this.
This is so true. I am firmly in the "Sell at the deadline" camp but even then, last night I was fist pumping every Binner save and pacing around my living room in OT. I can't actively root for them to lose even if I know, long term, it's probably what's needed to re-tool for the seasons ahead.

Reactions: Spicy Panger

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I can't actively root for them to lose even if I know, long term, it's probably what's needed to re-tool for the seasons ahead.
I could actively root for them to lose at this point in the season if we had a legitimate chance of finishing dead last. But there are too many truly awful teams. We're already 10 points up on Anaheim and Chicago. Columbus and Arizona are "only" 7 points back of us but they are both genuinely awful teams as well. Even if we sold as much as we could right now, I don't see us being bad enough to get into one of those bottom couple spots where you have more than a 20% chance of winding up with a top 2 pick.

Improving lottery odds from 3% to maybe 5% just isn't enough for me to not want to enjoy Blues wins. I still want to sell barring a major turnaround.

Allens Five Hole

Jan 17, 2017
I could actively root for them to lose at this point in the season if we had a legitimate chance of finishing dead last. But there are too many truly awful teams. We're already 10 points up on Anaheim and Chicago. Columbus and Arizona are "only" 7 points back of us but they are both genuinely awful teams as well. Even if we sold as much as we could right now, I don't see us being bad enough to get into one of those bottom couple spots where you have more than a 20% chance of winding up with a top 2 pick.

Improving lottery odds from 3% to maybe 5% just isn't enough for me to not want to enjoy Blues wins. I still want to sell barring a major turnaround.
The only shred of hope I have about not selling is that the Western Conference looks as awful as it was last year which means there's potential for a deep run even if we're not necessarily a great team overall.

I don't think we'd be favored to win a series vs anyone in a playoff spot right now but I also don't think we'd be walk-overs for anyone bar Vegas and a healthy Avs team and the Avs look like they may end up in the 2-3 matchup this time around due to injuries.

I'd still much prefer to sell and watch some kids come up and take a run at a bubble spot if that is where we're at come the TDL.

Reactions: Stealth JD and mk80

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Don't get why Berube soured on Rosen. He's been our best LHD so far IMO.

Reactions: mk80

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad