Tank scoreboard alert.

Rink Rage

May 2, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I think this message board is here now when it comes to this opinion. The Coyotes sure as hell aren't making the playoffs.

Anyway, Colin Greening ties it for the Leafs against the Capitals to make it 2-2. Just over 10 minutes left in regulation.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002

Over their twenty most recent games respectively, the Coyotes have been the worst in the league, with only 11 points to show for their effort. They might not need much help.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Over their twenty most recent games respectively, the Coyotes have been the worst in the league, with only 11 points to show for their effort. They might not need much help.

Have you seen the remaining schedule? They don't win against Edmonton and Calgary, they may not win at all. The last six games are absolutely brutal.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Have you seen the remaining schedule? They don't win against Edmonton and Calgary, they may not win at all. The last six games are absolutely brutal.
Oh man you weren't kidding. Dallas, Washington, St. Louis, Chicago, Nashville, San Jose to end the season. Good ****ing luck boys :laugh:!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It would be absolutely hysterical (and a very Coyotes thing so it will probably happen) if this team managed to place as bad or worse than last years tanktastic squad.

But the teams are better all around this year though. As horrible as Toronto is they already have just 2 less points than the Sabres all last season.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Last year there was a more definitive reward for losing so I was all for it. This year no matter what we're not picking top 3 since we have no lottery luck. Either way go tank go I guess, we're going to fail miserably down the stretch either way ha.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Maybe if we suck bad enough with Smith in there he'll get pissed enough to ask for a trade?

No one will take him. It's buy out city or let him share the room with the kids who represent our future, poisoning the well just because Don was dumb enough to give him that garbage contract. But out smith. Fire management.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
No one will take him. It's buy out city or let him share the room with the kids who represent our future, poisoning the well just because Don was dumb enough to give him that garbage contract. But out smith. Fire management.

Maybe you pay Treliving to take the contract, like we nearly did with Ribeiro. Calgary looking for a goalie.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona

Haha, obviously his stats wouldn't be nearly as good here, because we're terrible, but just to irritate you, here's Thomas Greiss' current statline.

17-6-3.
2.18 GAA
1 shutout
and a .933 save percentage, which is also the best in the league.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Oh man you weren't kidding. Dallas, Washington, St. Louis, Chicago, Nashville, San Jose to end the season. Good ****ing luck boys :laugh:!

I think it depends on where those teams are at in the standings there and then; typically teams tend to rest key players in some games near the end of the season if their playoffs spot is secure.

We might also see a few back up goalies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Haha, obviously his stats wouldn't be nearly as good here, because we're terrible, but just to irritate you, here's Thomas Greiss' current statline.

17-6-3.
2.18 GAA
1 shutout
and a .933 save percentage, which is also the best in the league.

Al Montoya was crushing it before he got hurt, too.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Anybody whose bought a ticket is NOT in on a tank...
I am very happy however with the improvement I have seen in this team.
The optics must change.
Statistically that is.
ON and OFF the ice.
The survival of this team as a franchise defies all of my beliefs in evolution and natural selection..ha
Or affirms it...I can't decide which.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Anybody whose bought a ticket is NOT in on a tank...
I am very happy however with the improvement I have seen in this team.
The optics must change.
Statistically that is.
ON and OFF the ice.
The survival of this team as a franchise defies all of my beliefs in evolution and natural selection..ha
Or affirms it...I can't decide which.

I disagree. I've bought a few tickets this season and last (and am going to Saturday's game against Florida), but last season especially I supported the tank. I even took my Kazakh roommate to her first NHL game ever, the game against Buffalo last March, and specifically picked that one because of the hilarity of the tank battle it was going to be.

I support this franchise, and realize that sometimes losing/tanking is the best way to improve its overall health. I don't think this is a "tank" year so to speak; just a rebuilding year in general, although at this point in the season the thought of losing a bunch of games to move up the draft order is pretty appealing.

howlincoyote2k1

Apr 14, 2005
Provo, Utah
The sad thing is, if we do get lucky and win Matthews--even if we finish dead last--everyone, EVERYONE, will think it was rigged. I can't possibly think of a more convincing scenario to get people to believe that the lottery was rigged.

Not that I'd care. :)

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The sad thing is, if we do get lucky and win Matthews--even if we finish dead last--everyone, EVERYONE, will think it was rigged. I can't possibly think of a more convincing scenario to get people to believe that the lottery was rigged.

I doubt it very much seeing that last season even our biggest haters were saying that we got robbed in the lottery.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I doubt it very much seeing that last season even our biggest haters were saying that we got robbed in the lottery.

Memories in sports fandom are short. And Matthews being an Arizona boy is pure tinfoil-hat-fodder.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ

The one positive from last years draft lottery is that it put to rest any notion the draft is rigged.

Memories in sports fandom are short. And Matthews being an Arizona boy is pure tinfoil-hat-fodder.
Tinfoil-hat people do not ever take it off so their opinion is basically meaningless. Those with half a brain would not buy the draft being rigged after watching what's happened with Edmonton.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tonight

Flames vs Sabres (come on OT)
Oilers vs Flyers
Leafs vs Wild
Jets vs Islanders
Canucks vs Sharks

Ad

Upcoming events