Tank Nation: Who's In?

headwire

Jan 25, 2012
Toronto
A little late for that.

Brian Burke set this team back by a decade. Get ready for another 5 years of mediocre finishes and mediocre picks.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
If we lose every game (which is very likely), and the other teams continue to perform reasonably well, we could position ourselves for a top 10 pick.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Way too late. Please don't finish 9th one point out of the playoffs though. Make it a little worse.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
I don't believe in tanking, but, if we were to trade Phaneuf, Lupul, Clarkson, Franson, Reimer, Gleason, and fire Carlyle...wait, don't fire Carlyle, then I would be ok with that.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well it might be a bit late for that.

I could see Bernier against less amazing teams stealing a win or two over the next several games.

Just whatever...honestly aside from us rigging the lottery it almost doesn't matter.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Great thought but.. in the Friends Zone again... too good for a top 3 pick but too lousy to make the playoffs. Every frigging year.

Espher

Nov 22, 2008
Fredericton, N.B.
By "tank nation" do you mean "hope Randy Carlyle has an unfortunate accident on Canadian Forces Night if he's not fired before then"... "nation"?

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
I think the OP just found out what tanking is or how it works after making this thread.

Chieftans22*

It is completely reasonable to think if Toronto lost their remaining games (which isn't out of sight really, considering how they've done recently) they would be in position for a pick in early teens, possible a single digit if all goes to plan. Not sure how anyone can be against that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad