Value of: Tanev, Demko and 2019 2nd

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I was going to shitpost and suggest Zaitsev, but then I actually looked him up and he's 27 years old holy shit.

I thought he was some young Russian stud the Leafs picked up.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Wait what?? Why on earth would the Canucks deal Demko?? That's putting some kind of faith in either Markstrom miraculously figuring it out or either DiPietro or Thiessen becoming starting goalies.

Reactions: Son of Petter

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Demko and Tanev would both really help the Blues right now. Vince Dunn? Jordan Schmaltz? Blues could add a LD prospect.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Demko and Tanev would both really help the Blues right now. Vince Dunn? Jordan Schmaltz? Blues could add a LD prospect.

I think we will have a disagreement about value here. Tanev is a top four D, Demko is a very valuable prospect from where we are sitting, and that will be a high second. Yeah it sounds like Ryder, Halak and a second.

Do either of the players being offered have top pairing potential? I'm not super familiar with either, but we would need a blue chip, very likely to hit potential, future top pairing D. Otherwise, why include so many different pieces, including futures?

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Why would we trade Demko, why would we trade our 2019 2nd? Also have you looked at the dmen Jimbo has targeted/acquired? He does not assess pro D very well.

Reactions: travis scott

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I think we will have a disagreement about value here. Tanev is a top four D, Demko is a very valuable prospect from where we are sitting, and that will be a high second. Yeah it sounds like Ryder, Halak and a second.

Do either of the players being offered have top pairing potential? I'm not super familiar with either, but we would need a blue chip, very likely to hit potential, future top pairing D. Otherwise, why include so many different pieces, including futures?
Fair enough, I am very familiar with Tanev, not so much Demko. I may have seriously low-balled the OP, but it was not intentional. Dunn is top 4 now and might have 1st pairing potential. He has struggled lately, like the rest of the team. Schmaltz' development seems to have stalled in St. Louis. His pedigree is good, (a 1st round pick), and was touted as a top 4 PMD. He has disappointed thus far, but a change of scenery might help. At the moment I can't describe either as "blue chip". Our goaltending woes are well known around the League, and Tanev would solidify a very unstable defense, which is why I responded. Perhaps the Blues and Canucks aren't good trading partners.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Fair enough, I am very familiar with Tanev, not so much Demko. I may have seriously low-balled the OP, but it was not intentional. Dunn is top 4 now and might have 1st pairing potential. He has struggled lately, like the rest of the team. Schmaltz' development seems to have stalled in St. Louis. His pedigree is good, (a 1st round pick), and was touted as a top 4 PMD. He has disappointed thus far, but a change of scenery might help. At the moment I can't describe either as "blue chip". Our goaltending woes are well known around the League, and Tanev would solidify a very unstable defense, which is why I responded. Perhaps the Blues and Canucks aren't good trading partners.

If you're looking for an immediate fix in goal, Demko probably isn't your guy. He just returned from a concussion and is still in the AHL. We have high hopes for him, but he isn't there quite yet.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

The addition of Demko is a pretty big add on for us. Tanev for one or the other, with a small add, might have been a good trade over the summer, but at this point, we will be reliant on Tanev. There are a lot of nice, shiny pieces on the Blues, but most of them I'm guessing are going to need a lot more then Tanev to pry them loose.

Reactions: simon IC

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
this is the opposite kind of deal to what the Canucks are looking to make

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I can understand trading Tanev but why are the Canucks trading away a blue chip goalie prospect?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad