Tampa's Draft 2013

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
The bad thing with Mantha is that he's old for 13 draftee - born in September 16th, 1994. That was 2 days too young for the 2012 draft; where he would have been something like third rounder.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The bad thing with Mantha is that he's old for 13 draftee - born in September 16th, 1994. That was 2 days too young for the 2012 draft; where he would have been something like third rounder.

Seth Jones is an old 94, doesn't seem like a bad thing for him.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Well, different situations, as Jones was ranked as a potential number one for over 2 years now...

Nick Ebbert was expected to be a top 5 pick last year but fell off the face of the earth and went 7th round. If he was younger he may have went high in the 11 draft. What im getting at is you still have to perform, obviously Mantha has done that. He's lightning up the Q, and he may be older for his draft year doesn't mean he's old for the CHL. Do you not want to draft anyone with a late birthday, cause I think we drafted several overages the last few years.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=657297&navid=DL|NHL|home

Didn't see this posted yet, but two out of three drafts have us selecting Frederik Gauthier and I would not be disappointed in the slightest if we drafted him (as he was my original pick too). Of course, it's still early and several prospects will rise and fall before it's all said and done, but something to think about regarding the shape of prospects being considered in the first round right now.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=657297&navid=DL|NHL|home

Didn't see this posted yet, but two out of three drafts have us selecting Frederik Gauthier and I would not be disappointed in the slightest if we drafted him (as he was my original pick too). Of course, it's still early and several prospects will rise and fall before it's all said and done, but something to think about regarding the shape of prospects being considered in the first round right now.

The third one has it right, Zadarov. I can't see us pass on Mantha or Nischukin for Gauthier, I think we should go D anyway.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
The third one has it right, Zadarov. I can't see us pass on Mantha or Nischukin for Gauthier, I think we should go D anyway.

I agree with this. If all of them are on the board I would be thrilled with either Zadarov or Nischukin but if we pass on either of them to grab Gauthier or Mantha I would be pissed.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I agree with this. If all of them are on the board I would be thrilled with either Zadarov or Nischukin but if we pass on either of them to grab Gauthier or Mantha I would be pissed.

It was interesting to see the variation in all three drafts of where the top Russian talent would be drafted. Kimelman had Nichushkin going at 8, which is where he should be drafted in my eyes. I agree that if he is around at 14 that we should 100% take him, could like Tarasenko who was a top talent that slipped because of the "Russian factor".

Zadorov was surprisingly ranked relatively low by all three experts, despite playing pretty well for London this year. Guess it shows how strong the incoming draft class is!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'm so glad SFY isn't afraid to draft Russians. We're going to have a kickass farm, and it's largely because of these awesome Russians.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad