Rumor: Tampa is Pavelski's #1 choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
If Pavelski signs, surely the bolts need to move a center and free cap, what would the avs have to include for Tyler Johnson if this is the case.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
For those in the know on cap situations.. what could Dallas offer pav vs what Tampa could offer? ( assuming point resigning costs around 7.5 mil)

Keen to see if there is much of a difference..Both teams in cup contention. Dallas was close last year, if Benn scores on that wrap around goal that hung on the line vs st louis the stars make the west final and maybe more...Adding Pavelski definitely keeps them in contention.

And well, Tampa as a contender goes without saying.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
For those in the know on cap situations.. what could Dallas offer pav vs what Tampa could offer? ( assuming point resigning costs around 7.5 mil)

Keen to see if there is much of a difference..Both teams in cup contention. Dallas was close last year, if Benn scores on that wrap around goal that hung on the line vs st louis the stars make the west final and maybe more...Adding Pavelski definitely keeps them in contention.

And well, Tampa as a contender goes without saying.
Seems a little low for Point there. You have marner and Panarin asking for 12+ and you think Point is 7.5? I get the taxes but it’s not that big of a gap. Point should at least get 9-10.

Dallas has a little more cap space. But it’s not that significant. What makes it significant is Dallas does not have Point to sign. Unless Tampa wants to take pavelski and give Dallas Point which is fine by me.

Also ignore the the Callahan comment earlier in the thread people don’t understand how the cap work. Can’t use him as LTIR until the season starts and you have to be cap compliant at the start so unless they have a ton of waiver eligible players that won’t work.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Seems a little low for Point there. You have marner and Panarin asking for 12+ and you think Point is 7.5? I get the taxes but it’s not that big of a gap. Point should at least get 9-10.

Dallas has a little more cap space. But it’s not that significant. What makes it significant is Dallas does not have Point to sign. Unless Tampa wants to take pavelski and give Dallas Point which is fine by me.

Also ignore the the Callahan comment earlier in the thread people don’t understand how the cap work. Can’t use him as LTIR until the season starts and you have to be cap compliant at the start so unless they have a ton of waiver eligible players that won’t work.
You can use it before the season starts . It just makes it hard to make any in season moves.

I believe we found this out a couple years ago when Toronto used ltir during the offseason

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
If Tampa is his first choice it has nothing to do with monet has it. Can't think of someone with less room except maybe vgk

Well actually San Jose is his 1st choice but they don't have the Cap to pay him what he is likely asking.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Shapiro is saying the Stars are fairly confident they are gonna land Pavs on July 1st. On top of that you got Commie’s tweet. Sounds like it’s gonna be Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad