Tampa Bay looks..bad..err good!

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
We all know the past two years were not giving us a good idea of the quality of the team Yzerman had in his hands, but, damn, the Lighting is kicking butts right now. It seems like everything is going right at the same time.

You got Stamkos back in full form, Kucherov getting better every year, Johnson and Palat roaring back, Sergachev turning heads in his first year (could he win the Calder if he keeps this up?), and Point and Gourde coming almost out of nowhere. This offense is extremely stacked!

More than that, their defensive core is doing great at the moment and Vasilevskiy is making sure that nobody remembers Ben Bishop.

Looking at the age of all their great players, Tampa Bay can seriously be Cup contenders for at least 5 more years. Does anyone think this is just too good to be true and that some of their players are overperforming?

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
They're playing quite good thus far. Be interesting to see if they can keep it up.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I think they're the best team in the league personally, we shall see as the season goes on though.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Alot of people (including myself) had them winning the Atlantic but even I'm amazed with what they are doing.

It's nice to build a big buffer for a playoff spot this early in the season. The challenge now will be to ensure peak form for the post season. I know that's a long ways away but nobody will remember the start if the club is not playing well going into the post season.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I wouldn't fully agree that our d-core is doing great. It has been up and down with very good games but very bad ones too. Definitely need to be more consistent there.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
This team is good but not as good as its record indicate. You can't be considered a solid team without, at least, an average defense. The thing is, Tampa needs to do a better job at preventing opposite scoring chances, because that tendency is likely to cause problem at some point in the [long] season. If they can fix that, watch out, it's still a top 10 in the league otherwise.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This team is good but not as good as its record indicate. You can't be considered a solid team without, at least, an average defense. The thing is, Tampa needs to do a better job at preventing opposite scoring chances, because that tendency is likely to cause problem at some point in the [long] season. If they can fix that, watch out, it's still a top 10 in the league otherwise.
For all of that, we're 8th in the league in GA/G. So... yeah. Top offense with a top 10 defense? I can live with that.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
This is a really fast team with a lot of high end offensive skill. They also have a pretty good defense and goalie. They move the puck well. They are one of the best teams in the league right now.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
They look really solid this season. The next powerhouse out of the East though Columbus might have something to say about that.

Depth and quality throughout, that's what it's all about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad