Tampa Bay Lightning will retire Vincent Lecavalier's #4 on October 18th

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
No they won't. It's a ceremony to honor his return to Tampa, not to retire his jersey.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
If Montreal retires anymore numbers, they're going to have to start using letters on their jerseys.

carey-price.jpg

They already do.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
I know he was the team captain and the face of the Bolts for a decade but he really only had 2 above average seasons, and a couple more as a fairly dangerous offensive threat. I think his name recognition far surpasses his actual career production.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't know if I even believe in retiring numbers, but as long as we're doing it, 4 and 26 should be done for in Tampa.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
We will probably retire his number at some point. At least that's what I hope we'll do. He definately deserves it and his number should be the first one retired in Lightning history.

TheThunderYears

100% Cap Compliant
Aug 20, 2007
The Filthy South
We will probably retire his number at some point. At least that's what I hope we'll do. He definately deserves it and his number should be the first one retired in Lightning history.

Agreed. While Vinny didn't hit his full potential because of the human piece of garbage Matt Cooke, he's still the most important player in the history of the Lightning and was the face of the team for more than a decade. He was key to our run in 2004 which solidified the team in the community. Couple that with his incredibly sincere and generous charity and foundation work with the Vincent Lecavalier Pediatric Cancer And Blood Disorders Center and he's a shoe-in. He might get a statue outside the stadium before it's said and done.

A year after #4 gets retired, St. Louis should be invited back to raise his jersey and be embraced by the organization again. Prior to Marty bailing on us, I'd have argued his number should be retired before Vin's. But now- not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad