10) Erik Cernak - 35%
11) Mitchell Stephens - 39%
12) Libor Hajek - 67%
13) Alexei Lipanov - 52%
14) Dominik Masin - 65% (Tiebreak)
15) Alex Volkov - 29%

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Wow, Katchouk had a better draft year and draft +1 than Cirelli and Stephens yet hasn't been voted yet. Katchouk is younger, bigger and has better numbers than Volkov yet has been passed over. He's the new most underrated prospect we have.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Wow, Katchouk had a better draft year and draft +1 than Cirelli and Stephens yet hasn't been voted yet. Katchouk is younger, bigger and has better numbers than Volkov yet has been passed over. He's the new most underrated prospect we have.

A bit too late but he won't go past this round

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think Ingram should start getting votes soon. Definitely not a bad goalie prospect and easily the best we have. I'll probably vote for him after Yan and Katchouk

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
For me Katchouk is right behind Yan, right after them is Spencer.

What makes Yan better to you? I like Yan and think he has good potential but very boom or bust while Katchouk is more a sure thing. Katchouk has the better all around game and for goal scoring where Yan should have the edge I think it's close. Yan has the much better shot with a quick release but Katchouk has a nose for the net and scores some greasy goals. Yan actually had his goal total drop his draft +1 year while Katchouk had his go up by 11. Yan had a strong draft +2 year goal scoring wise but I expect Katchouk to hit 40+ if he doesn't go to the WJC. Last year less than 10 players hit 40 in the OHL so it's not an easy task.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
What makes Yan better to you? I like Yan and think he has good potential but very boom or bust while Katchouk is more a sure thing. Katchouk has the better all around game and for goal scoring where Yan should have the edge I think it's close. Yan has the much better shot with a quick release but Katchouk has a nose for the net and scores some greasy goals. Yan actually had his goal total drop his draft +1 year while Katchouk had his go up by 11. Yan had a strong draft +2 year goal scoring wise but I expect Katchouk to hit 40+ if he doesn't go to the WJC. Last year less than 10 players hit 40 in the OHL so it's not an easy task.

I just see more offensive potential at the next level out of Yan, he could be a top-6 guy whilst Katchouk seems more like a 3rd line PKer and forechecker at the next level.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I just see more offensive potential at the next level out of Yan, he could be a top-6 guy whilst Katchouk seems more like a 3rd line PKer and forechecker at the next level.

You need more than offensive potential to make it at the next level. Brett Connolly had more offensive potential than Yan, a better shot than Yan yet he wasn't going to make it unless he changed his style of play to that of a grinder who can snipe. I don't see that in Yan, at least yet. Katchouk might not be a big time goal scorer but he can be a better Killorn. He does everything Killorn can but better, if he continues on his development path he should be better than Erne, who we think is the Killorn replacement, and Killorn. Yan needs to show he can adapt to the pro game, his game was well suited for the Q but like a lot of good scorers out of the Q how well they translate that to the pro's is the issue.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
You need more than offensive potential to make it at the next level. Brett Connolly had more offensive potential than Yan, a better shot than Yan yet he wasn't going to make it unless he changed his style of play to that of a grinder who can snipe. I don't see that in Yan, at least yet. Katchouk might not be a big time goal scorer but he can be a better Killorn. He does everything Killorn can but better, if he continues on his development path he should be better than Erne, who we think is the Killorn replacement, and Killorn. Yan needs to show he can adapt to the pro game, his game was well suited for the Q but like a lot of good scorers out of the Q how well they translate that to the pro's is the issue.

i like yan better too. I also think kachouk can bust quite easily i got to see his work ethic in ahl to get a better feel. If he works hard enough he will make it but right now his skating and physicality is what is making it. He is 6'3 so nice reach but not the muscle needed for that style to make an impact in nhl except as a complimentary player imho.

He scoring at a ppg pace but when ive watched im just like theres something missing

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
i like yan better too. I also think kachouk can bust quite easily i got to see his work ethic in ahl to get a better feel. If he works hard enough he will make it but right now his skating and physicality is what is making it. He is 6'3 so nice reach but not the muscle needed for that style to make an impact in nhl except as a complimentary player imho.

He scoring at a ppg pace but when ive watched im just like theres something missing

Even if Katchouk doesn't translate his offense over to the pro game he can be a better Paquette. He skates better than him, his forecheck, PK skill are all better, Paquette is the better pest. I don't know what Yan can be if he's not scoring goals, his all around game isn't complete enough to work in a 4th line role just yet, he could improve there to be a Brown type player with less speed but a better shot, he's not there yet as he's very offensive orientated right now. We need another top 6 shooter so I don't want him to change his game to be a grinder and hope he can translate that scoring to the pro's, I just see Katchouk being more a sure thing.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Even if Katchouk doesn't translate his offense over to the pro game he can be a better Paquette. He skates better than him, his forecheck, PK skill are all better, Paquette is the better pest. I don't know what Yan can be if he's not scoring goals, his all around game isn't complete enough to work in a 4th line role just yet, he could improve there to be a Brown type player with less speed but a better shot, he's not there yet as he's very offensive orientated right now. We need another top 6 shooter so I don't want him to change his game to be a grinder and hope he can translate that scoring to the pro's, I just see Katchouk being more a sure thing.

just got to see more of the kid see his heart not sure its there he has advantage of the reach size now he needs to put it all together and pass a erne or compete with a yan whom I am really down with like his game speed instincts etc..

something bothers me on katchouk but they murray etc.. know more then me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad