2. Slater Koekkoek - 68%
3. Brayden Point - 66%
4. Dominik Masin - 38%
5. Adam Erne - 35%
6. Brett Howden - 43%
7. Mitchell Stephens - 57%

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Blujus for me. I really like Hajek and Katchouk but want to see more from them in their draft +1 year. Joseph had a monster +1 year and has propelled himself into a similar category as those two. But for me Blujus being close to NHL ready, RH shot and a good skater makes me think he can carve out a solid NHL career as a 5/6 maybe he becomes a 4 since RD are in demand. Blujus, Hajek, Katchouk and Spencer were all 2nd round picks. Blujus fell off quite a bit after his draft year, like Spencer did last year so I'm apprehensive to put Hajek and Katchouk so high until they prove more. Blujus made big strides once he got to Syracuse and has shown he has a nice future in the pro game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm with Hose. I feel like every year we weight the newer guys a little too heavily, just because they're the fresh new toy.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What about Gusev? If we're ranking on pure talent/potential, and not so much the probability that they'll play for the team (unless we are ranking based on that), shouldn't he be around here or maybe even higher?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I put Dennis Yan next. Feel like he is a guy who has top 6 potential.

I was a huge Yan fan after the draft last year but he really fell off the second half of last year similar to how he did his draft year. He has the best pure offensive talent outside of Gusev but is extremely inconsistent and fades as the season progresses. With the offensive talent he had around him he should've improved considerably from his draft year but only had a slight bump, Joseph exploded from his draft year and became the top offensive threat on his team which was impressive since he wasn't that when the season started and thought of as a energy guy with some offensive upside.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What about Gusev? If we're ranking on pure talent/potential, and not so much the probability that they'll play for the team (unless we are ranking based on that), shouldn't he be around here or maybe even higher?

I just don't know if or when he'll make the jump. I place guys closer to being in the NHL higher than those who aren't, unless it's pretty obvious they have legit NHL potential. Howden is the only one from last draft who I see making it for sure, Hajek, Katchouk and Raddysh have more things they need to improve on than Howden does which makes him the safer pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad