10. Dylan Blujus - 25%
11. Boris Katchouk - 33%
12. Mathieu Joseph - 28%
13. Kristers Gudlevskis - 29%
14. Taylor Raddysh - 36%

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
This whole thing is busted. Players with talent that are on the brink of getting NHL time like Richard should not be #15 behind a bunch of average-good talents in Juniors. Far too many shiny new toys have already been picked.

Last edited:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Exactly. At this point, given their performances as pros over the past two seasons, I would take Richard over Erne. Erne has been injury prone, forgetting about his own zone prone, and far the lesser threat as a player than Richard. Richard gets a black eye from the off ice incident last year, but is still more valuable to the Crunch at this point than Erne.

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
This whole thing is busted. Players with talent that are on the brink of getting NHL time like Richard should not be #15 behind a bunch of average-good talents in Juniors. Far too many shiny new toys have already been picked.

I think it's because guys like Richard have 4th line ceilings whereas Katchouk, Joseph, Raddysh could become middle six forwards.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I think it's because guys like Richard have 4th line ceilings whereas Katchouk, Joseph, Raddysh could become middle six forwards.

But none of those guys are really a guarantee. Joseph may be lighting up the Q, but so did Erne and he hasn't been wildly successful at the pro level. Richard is on the cusp of an NHL promotion and he's ranked 15th?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
But none of those guys are really a guarantee. Joseph may be lighting up the Q, but so did Erne and he hasn't been wildly successful at the pro level. Richard is on the cusp of an NHL promotion and he's ranked 15th?

Richard is no guarantee either. He struggled much worse than Erne his rookie year in Syracuse. Richard might get his look this year but it might be a cup of coffee like Vermin or Gourde but not a lengthy stay. He also has a 1 year deal with some interest back in Switzerland, there's a chance he's not in NA after this season.

I went Cirelli again, he's the most well rounded CHL player we have and is underrated offensively. I can see him pushing Stephens for the 4th line spot on the WJC team.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

This is the thinking that lead JT Brown being picked over Johnson, Palat, Kucherov etc. even after dominant junior careers and pro starts. Everyone knew what insane talent Kucherov had, but he was soooo far away from making an impact.

If you want to vote based on readiness, that's fine too. I think the list looks pretty good. Gudlevskis being that high is weird to me, but I digress.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
HoseEm;
While we watch the same team, you and I rarely see the same game. Unfortunate, as we could provide the folks in Tampa with some decent input into the potential of the prospects in Syracuse. Oh well, that is what opinions are for. Like a certain body part, everyone has one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad