1. Andrei Vasilevskiy (85.71%)
2. Anthony DeAngelo (73.81%)
3. Slater Koekkoek (70.59%)
4. Adam Erne (82.86%)
5. Nikita Nesterov (40.00%)

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Point is a good prospect but I have concerns about him ever becoming a top 6 player. He might have the same issues Namestnikov is having trying to make it in the league and Namestnikov is bigger and better defensively then him. Peca is much grittier then him and has a better chance of making an impact in the league.

I went with Yan again, he has the highest offensive upside out of any of our prospects. He has some things he needs to work on in his game but if he can put that together he's a sure fire 1st liner.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Took Peca by a hair just because of the glowing reports out of camp, and in the few games he had with Syracuse last year.

It's pretty much too close to call at this point. I think there's even a strong case to be made for JAM, given his performance last year.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Point is a good prospect but I have concerns about him ever becoming a top 6 player. He might have the same issues Namestnikov is having trying to make it in the league and Namestnikov is bigger and better defensively then him. Peca is much grittier then him and has a better chance of making an impact in the league.

I went with Yan again, he has the highest offensive upside out of any of our prospects. He has some things he needs to work on in his game but if he can put that together he's a sure fire 1st liner.

Dennis Yan:
“Highly skilled winger with excellent speed, first step and offensive instincts. A natural goal scorer finds the open space and buries his chances. Displays a lightning fast release, and hard shot. Flies around the net and finds the soft spots in coverage, always involving himself in high traffic areas. He is a scorer but also an offensive generator, with soft hands and great balance at high speed. Surprisingly physical in pursuit of the puck, and a good forechecker. Needs to balance his offensive prowess with lots more work in his defensive zone. “ - DraftSite.com

...but here is the thing. He lacks heart of a true first liner. If he can develop the two way game and learns to battle for every puck no matter where on the ice...we'll have a NHL player. Until then...kid is nowhere near a top prospect.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Dennis Yan:
“Highly skilled winger with excellent speed, first step and offensive instincts. A natural goal scorer finds the open space and buries his chances. Displays a lightning fast release, and hard shot. Flies around the net and finds the soft spots in coverage, always involving himself in high traffic areas. He is a scorer but also an offensive generator, with soft hands and great balance at high speed. Surprisingly physical in pursuit of the puck, and a good forechecker. Needs to balance his offensive prowess with lots more work in his defensive zone. “ - DraftSite.com

...but here is the thing. He lacks heart of a true first liner. If he can develop the two way game and learns to battle for every puck no matter where on the ice...we'll have a NHL player. Until then...kid is nowhere near a top prospect.

Most offensively gifted players need work on the defensive side of the game, how is this anymore a knock on Yan then Drouin or even Point who everyone loves? Yan is a better goal scorer, is bigger and more physical then Point, I think his offensively potential is even higher too. Why is Point a sure thing and the next best prospect and not Yan?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
If we're grading on pure upside then Yan deserves to be in the mix, but Point has had a year to deliver on some of his upside, turning his +/- around and providing leadership. Maybe a year from now Yan does the same and he'll be right up there. For now I will maintain a little healthy skepticism.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If we're grading on pure upside then Yan deserves to be in the mix, but Point has had a year to deliver on some of his upside, turning his +/- around and providing leadership. Maybe a year from now Yan does the same and he'll be right up there. For now I will maintain a little healthy skepticism.

Point was also in his 3rd CHL season last year. Yan just had his rookie season and had impressive numbers.

I see Yan a lot like Connolly. Great release and shot, decent size, can use the body a bit but has consistently and effort issues. Yan will have a lot less pressure to succeed and time to develop which should help him become at least a 2nd line 25 goal winger.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Most offensively gifted players need work on the defensive side of the game, how is this anymore a knock on Yan then Drouin or even Point who everyone loves? Yan is a better goal scorer, is bigger and more physical then Point, I think his offensively potential is even higher too. Why is Point a sure thing and the next best prospect and not Yan?

Well Drouin's effort was never questioned neither was his heart - he was a Captain of his team and the age appropriate Captain of the Canadian national squad. Even here on the Lightning squad...his effort is never questioned. His positioning and strength...not his "will" to fight for pucks is the difference. Point doesn't shy away from contact. Yan is bigger...but Point I'd say has more Pitbull than Yan. Not that Point has a lot of pitbull in him...just that he has more. There lies the difference...this is just opinion from what I've seen. Your other comment about being like Connolly...I shied away from saying Purcell. But yeah...perimeter...

Why is Point a sure thing...I haven't said so. But Point is deadly inside the triangle (pin point accuracy - best I've seen out of our development prospects in past 4 years) and he is willing to go there even in his short stint in the AHL this past season. Yan is more of an outside player and his willingness to play on the inside as he moves up in tiers of competition will determine his success. None of our "small" players are afraid to go to the net...the ones that fail in Cooper's system stay on the perimeter. Beside Panik...he just lacked IQ.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00