Playoffs (OHL) | 13 | 0 | 16 | 16
WJC (USA) | 5 | 2 | 1 | 3 |

Tampa Bay Lightning prospect rankings 2014
1. Andrei Vasilevskiy (85.71%)
2. Anthony DeAngelo (73.81%)

Last edited:

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Gotta love how strong our prospect pool is still after Drouin, Kucherov, Paquette and Namestnikov graduating - I mean, after losing two blue-chip forward prospects and two solid future middle-6ers and having our first pick in the draft @ #33, we still have quality prospects like a great offensive D-man in DeAngelo, a power forward in the making in Erne, PMD in Koekkoek and the best goalie prospect in the world. Not to mention that there's ton of depth in our pool, too.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Peca should be in the poll imo. Kid will be #1C in the 'cuse next season.

Hm, I actually thought I already had him there - definitely deserves to be in the poll, though, so thanks for reminding me, I'll add him next.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
tough call I went with erne over slater

one day for me is erne next slater but too cocopuff since think he has higher upside still if avoids injury then tony d but is coin flip for these guys this is harder for me then slater and tony d i was firmly on slater over tony d myself

p.s. after the camp and next pick of erne got to say peca is the fifth he was awesome kid is real deal i think

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I picked Koekkoek but it was tough for me. Primarily because I saw Koekkoek at Syracuse all year and he did very well when he was called up. Not only excelling during his cup of coffee with the big boy club but going up against the AHL's top 6 forwards on a nightly basis and getting it done at that level as a #1D. The reason that I say its close...its because Erne has so much raw power. I mean just real heavy on his skates and a willingness to throw his weight around. His around the net hands are great and he is tough to move down low. Additionally, his playmaking is seriously underrated. Saw game between Saginaw on NHL network the other day...and Erne a few times had some wonderful 30 ft tape to tape passes through traffic. On one PK he did a perfect no look saucer pass of at least 45 ft in the air from the boards on his own blue line...landed perfect for the streaking winger for a scoring chance. This part of his game - the vision and hockey IQ is not talked about enough. Probably because his "power" game is so evident. But kid can think the game at a high level ... does not make mistakes. Its close but gave it to Koekkoek - next year when I see Erne in the 'cuse might change my mind.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Yeah, Erne really hasn't had a chance to impress most people like Koekkoek has, since he's only played against junior competition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad