5. Nikita Nesterov (40.00%)
6. Brayden Point (56.67%)
7. Matthew Peca (41.94%)
8. Mitchell Stephens (38.71%)
9. Adam Wilcox (33.33%)
10. Dennis Yan (33.33%)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Blujus for me, big righty with a heavy shot, good skater and strong in his own end. Better chance to make the top 4 then Masin or any of the lefties who have too many ahead of them. Spencer needs to show me more to pass Blujus as the #2 righty in the system.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What does Marchessault have to do? Lead the Crunch in scoring? (Check) Have a couple of impressive NHL call ups? (Check) Wedge the team's top prospect out of a couple of playoff games?

I get that he's older, but, in a lot of cases with young players, that's just more time to show they might never be an NHLer.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Exactly. The fact that he's closer to making an actual impact has got to rate for something, even if his potential isn't as sexy.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What does Marchessault have to do? Lead the Crunch in scoring? (Check) Have a couple of impressive NHL call ups? (Check) Wedge the team's top prospect out of a couple of playoff games?

I get that he's older, but, in a lot of cases with young players, that's just more time to show they might never be an NHLer.

I look for upside more then anything, Marchessault is a 24 year old finished product. He can be a solid 3/4th liner but we have younger guys who look to have that potential too. I look for someone with a higher ceiling.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
I look for upside more then anything, Marchessault is a 24 year old finished product. He can be a solid 3/4th liner but we have younger guys who look to have that potential too. I look for someone with a higher ceiling.

And this is exactly what the word 'prospect' means.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

Would not be surprised to see Marchy force his way onto this team at some point this year. Wouldnt be surprised to see him score 15 if he were on the roster for 82.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Would not be surprised to see Marchy force his way onto this team at some point this year. Wouldnt be surprised to see him score 15 if he were on the roster for 82.

I wouldn't be surprised if he beat out Brown either but 15 is way too much. I don't see Paquette, Namestnikov and maybe Drouin hitting 15. They will be getting more time then Marchessault.

I have nothing against him I just think he is beyond prospect level, I know he doesn't have the games or age. He should be compared against Brown and Condra not these kids.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if he beat out Brown either but 15 is way too much. I don't see Paquette, Namestnikov and maybe Drouin hitting 15. They will be getting more time then Marchessault.

I have nothing against him I just think he is beyond prospect level, I know he doesn't have the games or age. He should be compared against Brown and Condra not these kids.

15 from the bottom-6 is like Brett Connolly numbers.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There's a good chance Marchessault starts the year with us, IMO. I don't think we want to lose him to waivers.

But a lot of the remaining prospects have floundered a little bit lately, while Marchessault is starting to show some late bloomer potential. A point per game in the AHL is no joke these days, especially for a guy who's defensive game is good enough to play in the NHL.

The two guys who might hold a candle to him right now are Tanner Richard and Nik Gusev, simply because they, like him, are trending upward. Masin, for me, went neither up nor down in value, but he still has a lot, lot, lot left to prove. Gudlevskis, on the other hand, is milking that one Olympic game for all it's worth. (Not him personally, but his value--I actually like Guds a lot, and I root for him to explode, but from an objective standpoint I can't see how a guy who struggled THAT much and is unlikely to ever even play for us can be beating out a guy who could have an impact with us this year.)

I just don't think the fact that JAM is 24 is the killer of potential that most of us assume.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad