Prospect Info: Tampa Bay Lightning prospect rankings 2014 - #5

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
The winner of poll #4 - Slater Koekkoek

development%20camp-24_slide.jpg

13-14 STATS
| GP | Goals | Assists | Points
Regular season (OHL) | 62 | 15 | 38 | 53

Also OHL first all-star team, only behind Aaron Ekblad in the top defenseman of the year trophy.

Tampa Bay Lightning prospect rankings 2014

1. Jonathan Drouin (90.91%)
2. Andrei Vasilevskiy (93.81%)
3. Nikita Kucherov (63.27%)
4. Slater Koekkoek (66.67%)

Last edited:

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Wanted to go Connolly because even though I'm not the biggest fan I think/hope this is finally the year where he stays up and contributes. That being said the RHD supremely talented offensive defenseman who just had a great prospect camp got my vote.

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
Went with Sustr, one of the most NHL ready prospect in our pool. Most likely to translate his game to the pro level if he hasn't already last season.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I went with potential ... DeAngelo at the development camp really showed me something special. The speed and puck handling was the best of any defenseman in the camp. I would have rated in the puck handling department DeAngelo number one...followed by Koekkoek, Sergeev, then Masin. However, it wasnt even close between one and two. He is also more physical than I would have thought and takes the body. Plus in the skating department he is a close second behind Koekkoek and far and away better than any of the other prospects at the camp. His compete was also very high...DeAngelo going to be a force to be reckoned with...kid just needs to add some muscle weight.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I can't vote for Connolly because he's not a prospect or I'd pick him in this spot. Went with DeAngelo because he's got top pair potential.

Stamverine you really think Gudlevskis is that high of a prospect? I still see several others ahead of him, he's barely top 10 for me.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I can't vote for Connolly because he's not a prospect or I'd pick him in this spot. Went with DeAngelo because he's got top pair potential.

Stamverine you really think Gudlevskis is that high of a prospect? I still see several others ahead of him, he's barely top 10 for me.

I think he's shown "true grit" lol. I honestly haven't seen enough of a lot of the other prospects so I'll probably stop voting after this selection, but Gudlevskis was put through the ringer this year and where he lacks in talent he makes up for in character/composure/what-have-you. Is that an intangible?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Namestnikov seems to be getting lost in the shuffle here because he hasn't been at the forefront lately and he's not up for an NHL spot. I have him above DeAngelo for now.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Namestnikov seems to be getting lost in the shuffle here because he hasn't been at the forefront lately and he's not up for an NHL spot. I have him above DeAngelo for now.

I just don't think he has the ceiling of some of the others especially with us. Don't think he'll become a 2C and will be an above average 3C. DeAngelo can be a top pair player.

Don't see Gudlevskis becoming a full-time starter, can see him maxing out as a 1B.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad