5. Anthony DeAngelo (43.48%)
6. Brett Connolly (33.33%)
7. Andrej Sustr (40.48%)
8. Vladislav Namestnikov (67.57%)
9. Adam Erne (78.57%)
10. Kristers Gudlevskis (61.76%)
11. Dominik Masin (46.67%)
12. Cédric Paquette (64.86%)
13. Henri Ikonen (34.62% tied with Point, won the tiebreaker by getting 56.25% of the votes)
14. Brayden Point (46.34%)
15. Adam Wilcox (36.00%)
16. Matthew Peca (50.00%)
17. Dylan Blujus (25.00%)
18. Brian Hart (35.00%)

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Bolt Prospects Website - Top 25 picks:

BP Top 25 Prospects
Ranking date: 7/21/2014

F Jonathan Drouin
G Andrei Vasilevskiy
D Slater Koekkoek
F Vladislav Namestnikov
D Anthony DeAngelo
F Adam Erne
G Kristers Gudlevskis
D Dominik Masin
F Cedric Paquette
F Matthew Peca
F Brayden Point
F Jonathan Marchessault
G Adam Wilcox
F Cody Kunyk
F Henri Ikonen
D Dylan Blujus
F Yanni Gourde
F Brian Hart
F Tanner Richard
D Luke Witkowski
D Johnathan MacLeod
F Brendan O'Donnell
D Nikita Nesterov
D Jake Dotchin
D Ben Thomas

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Tanner Richard was one of the most noticeable players at the dev camp so I went with him.

I hope he gets to play with a goal scorer next season in the AHL - I'm not really sure what kind of minutes he played last season but I think he got bottom-6 minutes with little to non PP time. But every time I have seen Richard play he has shown very nice passing ability, good vision and nice hands. Also he's a hard back-checker and good defensively. He's definitely one of my favorite prospects in the organization, even though his potential isn't much more than a third-liner.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Bolt Prospects Website - Top 25 picks:

BP Top 25 Prospects
Ranking date: 7/21/2014

F Jonathan Drouin
G Andrei Vasilevskiy
D Slater Koekkoek
F Vladislav Namestnikov
D Anthony DeAngelo
F Adam Erne
G Kristers Gudlevskis
D Dominik Masin
F Cedric Paquette
F Matthew Peca
F Brayden Point
F Jonathan Marchessault
G Adam Wilcox
F Cody Kunyk
F Henri Ikonen
D Dylan Blujus
F Yanni Gourde
F Brian Hart
F Tanner Richard
D Luke Witkowski
D Johnathan MacLeod
F Brendan O'Donnell
D Nikita Nesterov
D Jake Dotchin
D Ben Thomas

If not for the non-prospects muddling our rankings, they are surprisingly close for the top 10

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
So... Get yer votes in before time runs out, right now looks like we'll have a three-way tiebreaker.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Looking at our and the BP ranking, MacLeod is really not a very liked pick. I think the same way, but it's still crazy that we have a 2nd rounder having a hard time cracking our top20 prospects.

Also add Yanni Gourde, he will soon be an interesting option to vote.

Looking through the rankings, the quality depth might not be as deep as 2 seasons ago, but at least the top25 can all be seen as a possible to wear a Lightning jersey someday. Wether they make it or not is a totally different story, but the depth is (still) crazy good. Now all we need to hope is that 2 or 3 of the prospects from 13-25 (or even later) make huge progress and become the next steal in Murrays Draft book.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Looking at our and the BP ranking, MacLeod is really not a very liked pick. I think the same way, but it's still crazy that we have a 2nd rounder having a hard time cracking our top20 prospects.

Also add Yanni Gourde, he will soon be an interesting option to vote.

Looking through the rankings, the quality depth might not be as deep as 2 seasons ago, but at least the top25 can all be seen as a possible to wear a Lightning jersey someday. Wether they make it or not is a totally different story, but the depth is (still) crazy good. Now all we need to hope is that 2 or 3 of the prospects from 13-25 (or even later) make huge progress and become the next steal in Murrays Draft book.

I think it's more about him being a bit unknown guy (when it comes to our rankings at least), I don't know much about him to be honest. It's easier to vote for a guy who you know well.

And yeah, I'll add Gourde - I actually have forgotten him completely, should have added him a while ago already.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I think it's more about him being a bit unknown guy (when it comes to our rankings at least), I don't know much about him to be honest. It's easier to vote for a guy who you know well.

And yeah, I'll add Gourde - I actually have forgotten him completely, should have added him a while ago already.

With regards to Johnathan MacLeod:

U.S.Hockey Report quotes Mike Levine, his coach at KUA, as saying MacLeod “is a special talent because at 6’2†he can really skate, shoot the puck, and think the game at a high level, plus he’s tough and the loves the physical aspect of the game at such a young age – and that’s unique. He’s actually the toughest kid I have ever coached – and that includes the college level.â€

All the scouting reports I read tell me he is a NHL defensive defenseman with all the physical tools and the attitude to go with it. He played 2 years for the national team and in the national team development program - kid was coached extremely well. Great pedigree - but his stats and point totals don't jump out at you. But a deeper look - we are probably looking at a kid who will be paired with (Koekkoek or DeAngelo) a 2-way or Offensive Defenseman and will be a lockdown, physical player on our blue line. I'm thinking a bigger more stay at home Gudas...

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
With regards to Johnathan MacLeod:

U.S.Hockey Report quotes Mike Levine, his coach at KUA, as saying MacLeod “is a special talent because at 6’2†he can really skate, shoot the puck, and think the game at a high level, plus he’s tough and the loves the physical aspect of the game at such a young age – and that’s unique. He’s actually the toughest kid I have ever coached – and that includes the college level.â€

All the scouting reports I read tell me he is a NHL defensive defenseman with all the physical tools and the attitude to go with it. He played 2 years for the national team and in the national team development program - kid was coached extremely well. Great pedigree - but his stats and point totals don't jump out at you. But a deeper look - we are probably looking at a kid who will be paired with (Koekkoek or DeAngelo) a 2-way or Offensive Defenseman and will be a lockdown, physical player on our blue line. I'm thinking a bigger more stay at home Gudas...

I mean, I have read that stuff about him and know something about him but never seen anything about him, no highlights, no games, nothing - meanwhile I have seen quite much of guys like Nesterov and Richard. So it's easier to go with a guy that I have followed for a while and seen play than a guy that I haven't followed at all. I mostly see Lightning prospects playing in WJC/U18 tournaments so I hope that MacLeod gets to play in WJC for US next year.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012

Well but isn't it the same with masin, who went well before him in our rankings?
IMO the reason is that most scouting reports say he does not have much potential and is a pretty save bet to become a bottom pairing stay-at-homer. And for me thats just not enough in the 2nd round. I would have prefered if they went with a high upside project, because shutdown bottom pairing guys are cheap and easy to aquire, not to say that many prospects with higher potential, who don't live up to it often become such a player as well.
Guys like Siebenaler, Glover or Martin would have been a much better pick IMO.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Well but isn't it the same with masin, who went well before him in our rankings?
IMO the reason is that most scouting reports say he does not have much potential and is a pretty save bet to become a bottom pairing stay-at-homer. And for me thats just not enough in the 2nd round. I would have prefered if they went with a high upside project, because shutdown bottom pairing guys are cheap and easy to aquire, not to say that many prospects with higher potential, who don't live up to it often become such a player as well.
Guys like Siebenaler, Glover or Martin would have been a much better pick IMO.

High second rounder differs a lot from late; Masin could have been a first rounder, MacLeod could have been a third or even fourth rounder. There's a huge difference of how people view high second round picks and late second rounders as far as I know.

I think MacLeod was actually picked as more of a project guy. He'll have tons of time to develop in college and then in AHL, I can see that he has some untapped offensive potential in his game. But I agree, not my favorite pick in the draft for us. Would have rather went with Glover, Lammikko or Karlsson there personally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad