Glass - Goc - Pyatt
Gibbons - Sutter - Adams

Orpik - Niskanen
Maatta - Scuderi
Bortuzzo - Despres

Fleury [/spoil]

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
With Sutter and Goc centering two lines, it would be nice to see Bylsma using matchups to shut down Stamkos.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
With Sutter and Goc centering two lines, it would be nice to see Bylsma using matchups to shut down Stamkos.

Pyatt is the worst defensive player on the team, and Glass is a blackhole of possession. Even Goc can't make that line a good shutdown line.

Sutter's line is better defensively but has two of the worst possession players in Adams and Sutter (even if arguably Sutter's possession has been driven by terrible wingers).

Either Sutter or Goc can center a shutdown line, but not with those wings. Both lines are going to be hemmed into the defensive zone. I'd rather just see Crosby-Stamkos match up if the Pens want to shutdown Stamkos.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
Pyatt is the worst defensive player on the team, and Glass is a blackhole of possession. Even Goc can't make that line a good shutdown line.

Sutter's line is better defensively but has two of the worst possession players in Adams and Sutter (even if arguably Sutter's possession has been driven by terrible wingers).

Either Sutter or Goc can center a shutdown line, but not with those wings. Both lines are going to be hemmed into the defensive zone. I'd rather just see Crosby-Stamkos match up if the Pens want to shutdown Stamkos.

Agreed. We should match Crosby against Stamkos. That frees up Goc and Sutter so they can play D against Tampa's 3rd and 4th lines.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Agreed. We should match Crosby against Stamkos. That frees up Goc and Sutter so they can play D against Tampa's 3rd and 4th lines.

Right because that is exactly what I said.

Sutter and Goc's lines won't shutdown Stamkos even if Bylsma line matches. If your goal is to shutdown Stamkos, Crosby's line is the most effective. Bylsma has to and fans have to decide between shutting down Stamkos or giving Crosby's line the more advantageous starts/match-ups because I don't think the Pens can do both which has been the problem since Staal left.

So to me the point of line matching should be to free up Malkin or Crosby's line not shutdown Stamkos.

Last edited:

LaughAtMyPain

'91 '92 '09 '16 '17
Oct 26, 2013
Well, damn. Is Engo on Bylsma's **** list? It's a little hard to believe that Despres AND Bortuzzo are playing ahead of him.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I can't see the line-up, does anyone know who's starting in goal?

I don't think anyone knows yet. My guess would be Fleury since it's a back-to-back and today's game is against the East and tomorrow's is against the West, but who knows, really

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
So Jack Adams Byslma puts Engo on the PP (on his off wing to boot) a few games ago, Engo falls down, and he's been banished ever since? Banished in favor of Tyler Pyatt? Are you ****ing kidding me? Go take the bridge Byslma you ball gargler

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
So Jack Adams Byslma puts Engo on the PP (on his off wing to boot) a few games ago, Engo falls down, and he's been banished ever since? Banished in favor of Tyler Pyatt? Are you ****ing kidding me? Go take the bridge Byslma you ball gargler

Typical Bylsma. He is too much of a coward to own up to his mistakes, so he decides to punish his players. But, we have seen Brooks Orpik force two blantant turnovers that winded up leading to goals and he still gets the nod for the next game.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
Right because that is exactly what I said.

Sutter and Goc's lines won't shutdown Stamkos even if Bylsma line matches. If your goal is to shutdown Stamkos, Crosby's line is the most effective. Bylsma has to and fans have to decide between shutting down Stamkos or giving Crosby's line the more advantageous starts/match-ups because I don't think the Pens can do both which has been the problem since Staal left.

So to me the point of line matching should be to free up Malkin or Crosby's line not shutdown Stamkos.

If Bylsma puts the right players on the ice, he can match Goc and/or Sutter against Stamkos and free up his top two lines.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012

Great GDT!

I just read an article in the Post-Gazette about how Ovetchkin and Stamkos score from the same spots on the ice, so Bylsma is going to use Orpik against Stamkos. Should be interesting.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Lightning are going with Lindback today.

So you guys have a self-imposed mercy rule, right?

Yeah... it's called "Dan Bylsma." I'd say that's pretty self-imposed.

Zatkoff, despite his record and general success this season, isn't exactly Patty Roy in his prime, either.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
Lindback in? Isn't that the guy that has a career save percentage of 0.333% against Crosby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad