Pre-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Would be nice if our best paid 3 players - Lundqvist, Nash and MSL - showed up to play today. On those rare occasions when all of them show up we consistently blow away the opposition. I will say this: the Rangers have not had trouble scoring on Ben Bishop this series with 14 goals in 4 games or 3.50 GAA (minus a little for the short OT).

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Would be nice if our best paid 3 players - Lundqvist, Nash and MSL - showed up to play today. On those rare occasions when all of them show up we consistently blow away the opposition. I will say this: the Rangers have not had trouble scoring on Ben Bishop this series with 14 goals in 4 games or 3.50 GAA (minus a little for the short OT).
Well that was a prescient post!

On edit: Thought that was a before game 4 post.

Last edited:

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
Cant afford to lose this one. TB is gonna come out firing after the beatdown we gave them yesterday.

Please no let down boys

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Really happy that were home again. Hope to see the Rangers take this one and then win on the road.

Would be nice if we didn't have to watch two games knowing that every shot end the season. Is playing only one elimination game too much to ask? At this point, I'll take us going to Game 7, but I don't want to go down 3-2 after 5 and then get back to suffering from minor strokes several dozen times throughout games 6 and 7.

P.S. Just realized that I misspelled Joel Lundqvist as Joe Lundqvist. Oh well, close enough. Could just as well be our 1998 draftee Stefan Lundqvist.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
More confidence for this game - it seems our guys have figured out a way to play Tampa. Keep it up.

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
Put me down for......

Tampa badly outplays the Rangers. Tampa badly out shoots NY something like 40-20.

NY wins the game 3-2.

Series is still a toss up after game 5.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Let's play the same way and continue to get under their skin, throw them off their game. We did a great job doin that last game and we need to continue doing it. We can't forget the lessons we learned and what has worked and what hasn't. Play smart, play strong, play fast, play disciplined. And for god's sake Nasher continue cutting to that net!

And MSL, please keep flying around like you did the entire rest of game 4...

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
I'd be so happy if this happened at some point before the 2015-16 season. I just want one GWG from Nash these playoffs.
I think we're gonna see a new Nash from here on out. His whole aura was different last game. Hangin out in front of the net, cutting in instead of taking the chest shot, just really seemed like his pre March form. God I hope that's the case. And with MSL too.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
IMO they have to stay in front of them, face up on D and hold the blue line. The adjustments for game 4 worked.

I think Tampa will own the possession battle, but as long as the Rangers hold them to the perimeter, they will be fine.

Tampa has a few defensemen that can push the play, but it's only 3 guys on the backend that can do that. I expect to see Tampa win the SAT% battle but the Rangers limiting their chances to the outside.

I'd switch up McD-G against the Triplets and Staal-Klein against Stamkos to alter their matchups. Their going to go with 7D again and double shift their forwards to lose them on match-ups.

I'd let Yandle loose on every offensive zone start. Keep Hayes unit away from Hedman and let the 4th line run their defense. Namely Hedman and Stralman.

Also I'd start a post whistle scrum against the triplets at every chance, get a few jabs in at Johnson.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
If MSL didn't suddenly collapse and Nash didn't turn into a 10 goal scorer, we'd have won 2, maybe 3 Cups (last year and this and/or next). Slats assembled a tremendous team, but those two are killing us. I wish the $12.65 we are paying them went to better playoff performers, but it is what it is.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
If MSL didn't suddenly collapse and Nash didn't turn into a 10 goal scorer, we'd have won 2, maybe 3 Cups (last year and this and/or next). Slats assembled a tremendous team, but those two are killing us. I wish the $12.65 we are paying them went to better playoff performers, but it is what it is.

MSL was always a great playoff performer until this year (however, he's just looked done the majority of this year).

Nash, well, let's just hope he goes on a streak now after the last game..:laugh:

failure

Nov 25, 2014
Colorado Springs
I think we need to hit TJ a few times. He seems to get bruised up easily. Make him think twice about coming close to the net(not likely).

Hopefully we play like we did in the last 1st and 3rd periods all game long.

Still like to see Glass beat on someone though. Hopefully Boyle or Callahan. Maybe Hayes and TJ will keep at each other. I bet Hayes can throw down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad