Pre-Game Talk: Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The last time we took a 2-0 lead after a pair of home games was on May 1 and 3 of 1994. Can the Rangers to show all those 30-and-under youngsters what winning both home games look like? Also, why does it seem like we haven't scored more than 2 goals in two games in a row in forever. Literally can't remember it.

Steve Valiquette said that a goalie can lose up to 14 pounds in one game if it's particularly difficult. Therefore, I must conclude that Lundqvist was 375 pounds before the playoffs began.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The last time we took a 2-0 lead after a pair of home games was on May 1 and 3 of 1994. Can the Rangers to show all those 30-and-under youngsters what winning both home games look like? Also, why does it seem like we haven't scored more than 2 goals in two games in a row in forever. Literally can't remember it.

Steve Valiquette said that a goalie can lose up to 14 pounds in one game if it's particularly difficult. Therefore, I must conclude that Lundqvist was 375 pounds before the playoffs began.

sumo_crop_north.jpg

Henrik Lundqvist at practice before Game 1 against the Penguins

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague

I'm no scientist but that seems...absolutely ridiculous and incorrect.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I'm no scientist but that seems...absolutely ridiculous and incorrect.

You'd be surprised, a extremely active person can sweat 3.3-4 lbs of water pr hour..

If that applies to Hank I'm not so sure, but guess it depends how warm that goalie outfit gets (Obviously tho, he needs to drink plenty of water, so he wont you know, die awfully)

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I was at both Rangers home losses to TBL which were coincidentally on Mondays. I'll be at Monday's game too but expect a different result.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY

There's a reason why goalies have a water bottle on the net. Between that water and the water they drink in the locker room a goalie probably intakes a gallon over the 2.5 hour game.

The players have access to water on the bench and in the penalty boxes.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
I need to become a goalie for 1 game....my doctor says that I need to lose about 14 pounds.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Can someone message me if you've gone to a game in Tampa??? I'm from palm beach and I have questions about getting there and navigating Tampa thnx

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Team looked good last game
Too bad - but we move forward as a tight group led by a solid core
LGR

Last edited by a moderator:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Looking at the minutes for game one really like how all 6 defenseman got between 17-21 minutes. Balance so key. I shutter at the days where mcdonagh and girardi played 30 minutes a game. Except for a few hiccups Yandle looked much better. Hoping his confidence continues to rise

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Does anyone know Brian Boyle's situation? He's a significant loss for them when he doesn't play and could honestly be the difference between a win and a loss for them, as he's so important and solid defensively and in the faceoff circle.

I'm really not comfortable about this game. I really want us to win this game, but I feel like Tampa is going to go HAM and just explode on us for game 2. It's incredibly frustrating we haven't won games 1 and 2 at home in over 20 years, so I really hope we can end that streak.

Oh yeah, I'm damn sick of 2-1 games. My heart is sick of it, and I feel like my overall well-being is at stake.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I need to become a goalie for 1 game....my doctor says that I need to lose about 14 pounds.

I know you were joking, but just to be clear, goalies lose 14 pounds of water which they (mostly) regain instantly because they drink water post-game or they will suffer from severe dehydration. To lose 1 pound, you need to drop 3,500 calories so that's 49,000 calories for 14 pounds. If you run for an hour at a moderate speed, you will lose 600 calories, so to lose 14 pounds, you need to run for almost 82 hours or a little over 3 hours a week for half a year. Not as easy as it sounds, but not too difficult either.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
We should give Hank this one game off.
Would help with both rest of the series, as well as the finals.

Balls to the wall, Talbot can handle it.
We are a game up,
we may have lucked out with BBoyle

---------

I predict one of these games Kreider will not just support Stepan, but break out.
Unfortunately, I am also concerned with how much we can continue to contain Stamkos.

On the plus side, Miller is playing well.
Only a matter of time before that light is one.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
You'd be surprised, a extremely active person can sweat 3.3-4 lbs of water pr hour..

If that applies to Hank I'm not so sure, but guess it depends how warm that goalie outfit gets (Obviously tho, he needs to drink plenty of water, so he wont you know, die awfully)

He was specifically referring to how warm a building the Verizon Center can be. Some buildings/rinks are way hotter than others and you'll sweat much more in a hot building. Especially if you're busy. Safe to say that game he was VERY busy. Haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad