Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
The hero New York deserves...

xQfDEDR.jpg

Can we really buy these shirts?

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Great points by Duguay in the post today about the Rangers not letting him go untouched in this series the way they shied away from contact with him during the regular season.

There's no doubt he'll come out hitting hard. Glass needs to put him into the 3rd row early on and set the tone. Other than that, he's a non-factor just as he was for us in the playoffs.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Anyone thinking this will be a short easy series is off their rocker.

We have been winning (barely) DESPITE Nash, MSL not contributing and Zucc injured. Others as well have been barely passable. There are no easy outs at this stage... Tampa is here for a reason. We need our best players (sans Hank) to be our best players.

So far that hasn't been true

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Why in the world would Ovi read or care about what some washed up no name defenseman from 30 years ago said about him? :dunno:

Seriously, lmao. The only relevant Kostopolous in the NHL (Tom Kostopolous) hasn't played since i don't even remember

I remember him being on the Devils for like 15 games cuz Devils

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

We have been winning (barely) DESPITE Nash, MSL not contributing and Zucc injured. Others as well have been barely passable. There are no easy outs at this stage... Tampa is here for a reason. We need our best players (sans Hank) to be our best players.

Not sure who thinks this will be easy. Could we win in 5. Sure. But so could the Lightning.

All I know is it would be nice if we can win game 1.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010

We know, we know, you think TB is gonna win. Color me shocked.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
any word on Zucc coming back in time for this series? anything? anyone? Zucc we miss you brah!

I'd be surprised if he's back.

He has to start skating w/ no contact.

Evaluate symptoms.

Skating w/ contact.

Evaluate symptoms.

There's really no way to know how much time will lapse between each step. If you assume a week, he would be back during the SCF depending on how long each series goes. I think he's doubtful for games 1-4 of this series. If it goes to 6-7 we may see him.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Maybe Zucc comes back for the latter half of this series, if it goes that far.

Him coming back for the SCF (assuming the Rangers make it that far) for game 1 is more realistic, though.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I have to admit I am having a bit of difficulty in assessing the two team's strengths and weaknesses against each other, mainly because of how long ago they last played.
There have been many changes for the Rangers, and I am not pointing at personnel changes (Yandle) so much, but more that the Rangers got their game together since then. Lightning may have tailed off a bit, but they have a well balanced team and a superb coach.
I always always always mark goaltending as advantage Rangers in any series. Though this is true, Bishop is still a huge specimen and he can make life hell for you. I hope to hell that we get a balanced attack on scoring.
Hayes seemed to be picking up his game, and I would not be surprised at all to see Miller finally find the net.
It will take at least 1 game for me to even get a feel for how these teams stack up against each other.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Great points by Duguay in the post today about the Rangers not letting him go untouched in this series the way they shied away from contact with him during the regular season.

Yup. I'd like to see Staal play him the way he played Crosby last year. Nasty.

Let's hope playing against Tampa plus a bit more time and space gives MSL an extra boost. I don't want to write him off yet and honestly, he looked good for most of the Caps series. If he gets just a bit more space, combined with adrenaline of playing against Tampa, he could be huge. That's what I'm hoping for.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Yup. I'd like to see Staal play him the way he played Crosby last year. Nasty.

Let's hope playing against Tampa plus a bit more time and space gives MSL an extra boost. I don't want to write him off yet and honestly, he looked good for most of the Caps series. If he gets just a bit more space, combined with adrenaline of playing against Tampa, he could be huge. That's what I'm hoping for.
Not only do I think MSL steps it up (and Boyle too for that matter) at least a little anyway, but I think Yandle is going to fare far better this series. With everything being more open that really lends itself to his best attributes; so long as he can control his poor decision making.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
AV made a good point in his presser today. He mentioned how last year vs. Montreal everyone was worried about and bringing up the Rangers' and Hank's woes against the Habs. That didn't effect us much. Why would Bishop's record against us and three games in December matter any more?

94wasagoodyear

Jan 19, 2014
Looking forward to a tough but good series. TB is very similar to us...it will be interesting to see how we do against a team that is just as fast as us. I have to say i think we struggle against bigger teams more so than faster teams. Also, after facing holtby i cant see Eliot being as strong. With that said TB is very hot.. and they swept us this year so its going to be a battle. It starts with game 1..lets start off on the right foot and tcb!!

Ranger30Oiler97*

May 14, 2015
Been a Rangers/oilers fan my whole life. Just made this account to talk some GDT! Let's get this dub tomorrow! ( best friends a bolts fan.. Bragging rights up for grabs )

LongsufferingRangerf

Apr 7, 2015
There's no doubt he'll come out hitting hard. Glass needs to put him into the 3rd row early on and set the tone. Other than that, he's a non-factor just as he was for us in the playoffs.

Mcd, Staal and Girardi need to make sure they put a lick on him they gave him a free pass around the net in the 3 regular season games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad