GDT: Tampa Bay Lightning @ New Jersey Devils 7:00pm - Let's overwork Moose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I really don't like the idea of Moose or Kinky starting tonight, but it has to be one of them, so I guess I'd like to see what Kinky can do considering Moose has been struggling against mediocre teams as of late.

I'm neither thrilled to see a rookie getting the start while the team is playing so poorly but Moose has been so bad that Kinkaid looks the less bad option.

Sherseys

Feb 15, 2013
New Jersey
It would be a little worrying to have Kinkaid get his first NHL start ever when his forwards are struggling so much. Ideally, he would come in when our top 6 were producing consistently so he wouldn't have so much pressure on him. But what can we do? It's not like we have an infinite choice when it comes to who starts tonight. And I think Moose has proven over the past few games that he needs a break.

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
Tampa's offense is so explosive that they could really light Kinkaid up, but at the same time I have very little confidence in Hedberg at this point.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Losing?

FPT1aU0.gif

Winning?

q9GnFds.gif

How?

Er0YIN2.gif

tj8Lk75.gif

Just win.

Or else this will be the result:

0PpdcJ3.gif

h1dTTTa.gif

Bonus clip from Devils practice:

eYePyDS.gif

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Stamkos on the PP with that goal line 1 timer will be a goal EVERY PP if we start Moose. His side to side movement is the stink right now. Kinkaid at least has the chance to amaze us and maybe give the guys a reason to fight harder to win for him.

This team plays a different style of game for Marty and Moose, so I can only hope they would try to step up a different style of game for a rookie in net.

mostly...

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
So when do we know who's starting? When is the pre-game availability TG is talking about? Is he talking about warm ups?

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
Kovy's back problems do worry me. I mean, he dropped like a sack of bricks after that crosscheck and was down while. Backs are tricky things. Like it's been said, once things start to go wrong with your back, it's never quite the same.

(Someone should make "Kovy's Back" their username, double meaning and all. ;) )

Richer 44

Jan 15, 2009
Whitehouse, NJ
I hope Kinkaid and Harrold are in tonight. Hell you might as well make Carter Bernier and Gio the 1st line too. They are the only ones that consistantly make things happen.

NBC Hockey

Mar 13, 2009
If I'm remembering correctly, we have not lost both games when playing back to back this season. Let's keep that up tonight, Devils!

So when do we know who's starting? When is the pre-game availability TG is talking about? Is he talking about warm ups?

"We’ll have to wait until the pre-game media availability later this afternoon—head coach Pete DeBoer is scheduled to speak at 4:45 p.m.—to find out any lineup details, including the starting goaltender."

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
he's been bad lately bc his shot is off and he's skating like an old man because of and injury or he just doesn't give a ****. the side he's on has little to do with it.

who are you talking about? zajac or kovy? :sarcasm:

our first line is the problem here. don’t believe me? check out the ‘can clarskon be the new parise’ or whatever the hell that thread was. we rode our cgbgbbgbgcgcbc line for a while, and clarky was playing out of his mind. there is 0 chemistry on our top 3, arguably our top-6 (although getting zubes back will help), and until that gets sorted out we aint going far. maybe switching up the lines and keeping kovy on the right will help, I honestly don’t know. but I do know I’d love to see what he can do on zajac’s left. who wouldn’t? seriously, who?

Richer 44

Jan 15, 2009
Whitehouse, NJ
I haven't missed a game yet this year (or the past 2 for that matter). I thought I was good luck after last year. But I am headed to a conference in Reston, VA tonight and will most likely miss tonight and thursday because I am sure they won't be televised down there. Maybe this is the catalyst we need.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
If I'm remembering correctly, we have not lost both games when playing back to back this season. Let's keep that up tonight, Devils!

"We’ll have to wait until the pre-game media availability later this afternoon—head coach Pete DeBoer is scheduled to speak at 4:45 p.m.—to find out any lineup details, including the starting goaltender."

Ah cheers, assume you got that from TG's blog which I didn't check. Silly of me. That'll certainly be interesting though!

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I think its going to be Moose tonight, if it was the kid I think they would announced it so to give time for family and friends to make the trip, though he is from LI.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I think its going to be Moose tonight, if it was the kid I think they would announced it so to give time for family and friends to make the trip, though he is from LI.

We don't know if he was told... He probably will have family there to see him on the bench and be in the room afterwards anyways...

Oroku Saki*

They can do that privately. And where he is from, the rock is not that far.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The last thing we need is Moose to start this game. I feel bad for the poor guy too. It's not like he's coming off the bench every week, and putting on a clunker. He's had to become the starter, and has already played one back to back already. Clearly too big a load for him.

I haven't criticized Deboer too much during this horrible run. Only for his overuse of Kovy. If he starts Moose tonight I won't be happy with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad