Rumor: Tampa Bay Lightning do not qualify Carter Verhaeghe

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Volkov with his 1 point and 0 goals so far in his 10 NHL games? He could replace him in a 4th line role but he won't be scoring goals at a similar clip. I get they have to let players go but the difference in money between Verheaghe and Volkov will probably be less than 200k, Verheaghe has shown better offensive ability so I would pay the extra for that.
Verheage is nothing. Barre-Boulet or Raddysh can probably do the same job.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
TB has been holding back a few guys due to their great NHL depth. He would be included in that I think and could be something more elsewhere.

TB has plenty of options to come up still.

Reactions: DropTheGloves

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I dont think he was bad at all. He could find a spot somewhere. He was fine to play the odd game here or there. Dont know how he would be with a little more time and responsibilities with some quality linemates. Not that his linemates in Tampa were bad just he was never going to play top 6 here or even middle six here. So would like to see him in that role somewhere else and see how he does.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Am I crazy or is he a possible 20 goal guy still? Feels like there's some untapped potential with him still.

Reactions: Byrddog

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Am I crazy or is he a possible 20 goal guy still? Feels like there's some untapped potential with him still.
I think he can still be a 20-20 guy. Your not going to do that on the 4th line. Someone will take a chance on the guy I think give him a chance to play up with more talent what do they have to lose in a cap stressed league.

Reactions: DropTheGloves

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Verheage is nothing. Barre-Boulet or Raddysh can probably do the same job.

You put either of them on a line with Paquette and Maroon and they aren't doing any better than what Verheaghe did. Verheaghe has talent he just doesn't have a spot to utilize that talent so the money is better invested in someone who'll fir better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad