Player Discussion: Tampa Bay Lightning 2021 Player Ranking #1

Who's the best Tampa Bay Lightning player?

• Steven Stamkos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brayden Point

• Alex Killorn

• Ondrej Palat

• Tyler Johnson

• Ryan McDonagh

• Erik Cernak

• Anthony Cirelli

• Mikhail Sergachev

• Yanni Gourde

• Blake Coleman

• Barclay Goodrow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Off season fun, I don't think we've done this in a couple of years so why not. I'll leave the polls open for 24 hours and make the next thread when I got time. I'll do top 20 I guess.

I'll add more choices as the series goes forward so don't lose your mind because of the absence Christopher Gibson yet.

Note: this is a poll about the best players on the Lightning roster. Not most valuable. Don't take contracts or anything else into account.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Just remembered the expansion draft is in no time so at least one of the players will no longer be a Lightning when we reach the final polls but hey ho. Honor them for the final time shall we.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Went with Hedman but there are 3-4 guys you can't go wrong with.

And it's because of those players that, as long as we have them, we'll always have a chance as long as JBB can play his cards right. Which is easier said than done, of course, but he's earned the benefit of the doubt by now. Just need that right mix of rookies and Cup-chasing veterans with something left in the tank.

Reactions: MattM92

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
I really wanted to go with Point because he is a down low goal scoring machine. Had to go with Vasy tho. He's the best because without him, the other guys would have to be even better and I don't know if that is possible. Between Kuch and Point, I just don't know if any other player is gonna bury those Kuch feeds better than Point. Take away Point and I feel like Kuch would only be better if he scored more goals!

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Didn't see this poll until now so couldn't vote.

Heddy and Vasy are arguably the best in the world at what they do so it comes down to statistical dominance and importance of the position they play. It's pretty axiomatic that goalie is the most important position so there's that and while admittedly it is easier to quantify a goalies contribution than a defenseman's using statistics and analytics, Vasy is so far above the pack there really is no argument as to who the best goalie in the world is. On the other hand, I think you can make some arguments, though losing ones, for a few others being in a conversation as far as best defenseman goes. Kuch is phenomenal, but same argument for Kuch as Heddy. A case can be made for Pasta and Breadman. Not saying it's a winning case, but a case.

There is no case that there is a better goalie than Vasy. And if he's the undisputed best player in the world at the most important position, how can he not be the best player on the Lightning?

Vasy the clear winner. Should be #1.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
my vote:

upload_2021-7-10_18-24-19.png

Reactions: Coopers Gum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad