16. D Nikita Nesterov (41.67%)
17. D Dmitry Korobov (35.14%)
18. R Brian Hart (34.29%)
19. G Jaroslav Janus (56.76%)
20. C Tanner Richard (74.29%)
21. C Matthew Peca (25.00%)
22. D Artem Sergeev (33.33%)
23. L Nikita Gusev (31.03%)

Note: In contrast to HF's and BP's criteria of eligibility both Brett Connolly and Riku Helenius are deemed eligible for our 2013 HFB prospect rankings as per our previous vote.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Wow, Blujus is still on the board!

So is Gudlevskiy. I guess a lot of you didnt spend much time at development camp.

Cause if we didnt have Vasilevskiy I am telling you all we would hold this guy a heck of a lot higher lol. He was much superior to wilcox.

Add Wilcox having three votes when Gud only has 4 is a joke I am just saying. Jeez watch some tape its on www.tampabaylightning.com

Next Pacquette zero votes? Guess we didnt watch him at development camp either.

Pacquette was flat out one of our best players. Ahead of a ton of guys we have already picked.

I think the board had it right up to 14.
15. R Joshua Thomas Brown (45.95%)
16. D Nikita Nesterov (41.67%)
17. D Dmitry Korobov (35.14%)
18. R Brian Hart (34.29%)
19. G Jaroslav Janus (56.76%)
20. C Tanner Richard (74.29%)
21. C Matthew Peca (25.00%)
22. D Artem Sergeev (33.33%)
23. L Nikita Gusev (31.03%)

I change this to 15 nikita 16 hart 17 richard 18 gusev 19 janus 20 gudlevskiy 21 peca 22 pacquette 23 blujus 24 mullin 25 wilcox 26 blujus 27 korobov 28 seergeev 29 gauthier 30 ikonen 31 salmminen 33 witkowski 33 brown 34 paradis 35 dotchin
now will stop:)

This is how I see our guys for careers. Who has best shots etc.. not who is closest or has most potential but who will have the best careers and where they top off. I honestly think all of them make it some time into NHL of these guys I listed. Brown at 15 to me is crazy think guy never becomes more than 3rd line if lucky on a very bad team or 4th line guy. If he got bigger because of his style of play he would be very valuable but just think he will get injured again with his style of play. He is very quick so could get some third line minutes but not with all the guys we have coming up. He is really gonna wind up an odd man out. If panik and killorn hadnt passed him last year and we didnt have connolly palat and johnson he would be worth a lot more. I think he will wind up trade bait just like pyatt.

Last edited:

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
So is Gudlevskiy. I guess a lot of you didnt spend much time at development camp.

Cause if we didnt have Vasilevskiy I am telling you all we would hold this guy a heck of a lot higher lol. He was much superior to wilcox.

Add Wilcox having three votes when Gud only has 4 is a joke I am just saying. Jeez watch some tape its on www.tampabaylightning.com

Pacquette was flat out one of our best players. Ahead of a ton of guys we have already picked.

When people are ranking prospects they look for those with the highest potential and those who show the most. Wilcox took over the reigns at a strong Minnesota program last season and had an incredible rookie campaign. I would rate him higher than a goalie who played a vast majority of his games in the MHL and is a year older.

Wilcox has the higher ceiling.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

You can't really use how well a player performed at a development camp to say _______ is better than ________. It's the off season. Summer hockey. A lot of the players haven't been skating a lot or even playing anything close to competitive since their seasons ended. They played half rink 3-on-3 scrimmages. They in no way simulated a real game.

But with these guys who are "falling" into the 20s, it's more about the strength of our prospect pool really. Guys like Blujus, a 19 year old 2nd round pick, would be much higher on another teams list.

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
You can't really use how well a player performed at a development camp to say _______ is better than ________. It's the off season. Summer hockey. A lot of the players haven't been skating a lot or even playing anything close to competitive since their seasons ended. They played half rink 3-on-3 scrimmages. They in no way simulated a real game.

But with these guys who are "falling" into the 20s, it's more about the strength of our prospect pool really. Guys like Blujus, a 19 year old 2nd round pick, would be much higher on another teams list.

I am not going just by camp I have watched video of gud in lativia I have seen countless people on other boards talk about him even before we drafted him and the wjc etc.. I put him above wilcox. I actually think he will be better than janus. On a lot of our overseas guys can only see a video here and there. Chl have a lot more access to stuff to review.

No one really dropped by camp for me but some shined a heck of a lot more than others and was three day evaluation and the stars come out to me over that period.

In five years i figure vasi is starter and gud is back up. If wilcox or janus took second place I would honestly be shocked. I truly go by eye test with goalies. I doubt wilcox ever learns to play smart enough with his size to make it as a great goalie in nhl. He is too aggressive and causes a lot of his own problems playing that way. This is a temperment I do not think you can train out of a guy.

Gud is not as agile as vasi yet dont know anyone who is at that size. Yet he is just as solid in a lot of other ways and comfortable etc... I do not see that with wilcox.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I change this to 15 nikita 16 hart 17 richard 18 gusev 19 janus 20 gudlevskiy 21 peca 22 pacquette 23 blujus 24 mullin 25 wilcox 26 blujus 27 korobov 28 seergeev 29 gauthier 30 ikonen 31 salmminen 32 witkowski 33 brown 34 paradis 35 dotchin
now will stop:)

This is how I see our guys for careers. Who has best shots etc.. not who is closest or has most potential but who will have the best careers and where they top off. I honestly think all of them make it some time into NHL of these guys I listed. Brown at 15 to me is crazy think guy never becomes more than 3rd line if lucky on a very bad team or 4th line guy. If he got bigger because of his style of play he would be very valuable but just think he will get injured again with his style of play. He is very quick so could get some third line minutes but not with all the guys we have coming up. He is really gonna wind up an odd man out. If panik and killorn hadnt passed him last year and we didnt have connolly palat and johnson he would be worth a lot more. I think he will wind up trade bait just like pyatt.
Wow. Really? Brown is a fast, agile and very versatile player who at worst is an excellent energy player on a checking line and at best ends up playing in a top-6 role. Will he make the NHL? Will he be able to stay there and have an accomplished career? Who knows. That applies to all prospects by the way.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
Although I was surprised at Janus falling down our rankings...after thinking on it more I decided our whole list is somewhat skewed by all the guys who if we don't really consider them prospects anymore we certainly will cease thinking of them such shortly this season. There are 6 or 7 guys in the top that are already more pro than prospect.

I'm glad we included them as it gives perspective on how everybody feels about them. But, I think if they were removed our prospect rankings would be more in line with what everybody expects. It wouldn't seem so odd that so and so is so far down the list.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Wow. Really? Brown is a fast, agile and very versatile player who at worst is an excellent energy player on a checking line and at best ends up playing in a top-6 role. Will he make the NHL? Will he be able to stay there and have an accomplished career? Who knows. That applies to all prospects by the way.

We are spoiled in goaltending in d and in defense when guys like JT Brown who I have zero doubt would have made the lightning last year if hadnt been injured and people like pyatt have no place in tampa it means we are truly spoiled.

I look at it like this. Right now we have tyrell think he is first to go. Think pyatt who is as valuable as a jt brown will also be gone this year by end of year. I think malone is gone at trade deadline. I also think is a good chance teddy is gone by next year.

You watch the WJC or the 3 on 3 tournament in development camp and you see kucherov taking over the games. By himself even when russia was playing like camp he is a man among boys. This is a guy I think comes into camp lights it up a bit and is still going to AHL but for how long? I dont see him being there for a full season he is Elite imo and going to prove that over and over and very quickly especially playing with the core we will wind up having in AHL. Is gonna be pretty sick honestly to watch.

Right now chicago happens to be a team that has a comparison to what Tampa has built when guys like pirri saad and morin are probably all on their third lines this year and maybe for a few years after that?

Who is not better than JT Brown? Honestly does anyone expect killorn to remain a top or second line guy when connolly and kucherov show up? Guys who need to play the top line yet are not as complete of player who can contribute on all ends of ice as a killorn? Killorn has the skill to be a good top or second line guy I have no doubts but see him being third line within two years based on that being best for this deep team. Especially if marty as I expect plays next four years?

So right now kucherov doenst make the roster at start of season because killorn has earned it and drouin will need it and for now both are probably just a little better. Drouin as playmaker and killorn for his all over play puck hound and defensive abilities. Will not expect kucherov to keep improving two way game he is learning quickly and see a TON of federov when was ELITE in this kid.

Namestnikov is coming up next year is true two way center and will prove himself worthy of shot also. Where does he fit in? Top two lines again like killorn dont see it with the talent of connolly and kucherov as scorers.

So top line this year killorn marty and stamkos second line drouin fippula and purcell. third line think we go ahl and keep malone-palat and panik and johnson and than you have crombeen thrompson labrie and for now pyatt. That is 14 barberio makes seven d and got two goalies.

Anyone who doenst believe JT Brown isnt pyatt and/or palat isnt better hasnt watched play so JT and pyatt become expendable. I get that palat being a third line to some might not be ideal cause he has shown he might become a very great scorer? Is a chance? HIS TWO WAY game his physicality is more important. Malone? Power play and lower lines so for now guess he is third line and that keeps palat down. By end of year though palat takes malones spot on the third line and I truly expect him somehow to make the team from the start.

Dont need both crombeen and labrie so think crombeen becomes expendable.

So next year you have I expect by end of season 2014-2015 kucherov marty stamkos second line of fippula drouin and connolly. third line is johnson palat killorn and/or panik and this makes purcell expendable? so fourth line is thompson labrie namestnikov again does anyone think pyatt or jt brown are better to play 3rd 4th line than namestnikov or palat in two years? Namestnikov has a great two way game which allows him to be a good bottom line player also.

So than do I see a change the year after? No Marty is still gonna be here he will be 40-41 and probably still be same old marty lmao meaning one of top players in league. So figure he has 1-2 years at that point. Will want to retire with us and go for another cup run.

After the four year run with marty I believe is panik who moves up to second line and not killorn just because think by than he will be most dangerous scorer and true type of power foward and killorn will prove to be so valuable at third energy or shut down line or grinder line whatever you want to name it. Will say this when johnson was told to shut down the top wjc players like TAVARES he did just that. Do not underrate the third line of palat johnson with a panik-killorn mixture in the future. Very dangerous type of draper maltby mccarthy thing which I think winds up better even. Within that four year period with marty still around will have ERNE ready who might not be true power forward but close in downey type of way with maybe higher upside on scoring but probably just as physical in hitting and richard who will be a total assist machine who should develop a decent two way game and hart probably chomping at the bit at that point along with guys like gusev peca etc..

Truly we are stacked. Is those of you who will say oh namestnikov is top two lines traded or bust etc.. We will see I figure your all wrong tampa is not going to be traditional team in the eyes of most of you fans cause you havent seen a team like this. But chicago is not a traditional team guess you can call it three scoring lines and one shut down grinder for chicago?

Detroit kinda had that with maltby thing but was honestly more a shut down line who could score super dangerous on down a man situations:) I think because of his two way play namestnikov could play bottom line and be much more useful than a pyatt or jt brown yep he will have offensive upside that is a terrible thing.

Neat thing most of our guys will have offensive upside and most will have deep true two way games. Is gonna be pretty special honestly.

When we are on 24 and guys like Ikonen who just played brilliantly in wjc scrimmages is not even mentioned at that point? Is a pretty sick system I honestly havent seen anything this deep ever. Yet when you win a calder cup and go to final next year and win the next level down the year before your pretty dammed special.

So yes think we see a ton of movement at one point in next two years these kids are ready or going to be ready and too good to leave in waiting or bury for the next four years or when marty retires and things actually truly have a big change in tampa. Passing of the guard so to speak to mr drouin.

Is just my thoughts on all of this. Note:::::::::: Yep some guys might not make it second NOTE::::: other guys will be part of mix cause of how many people we let go trade for assets or players. Will not all be defensive moves:) So is gonna be added mixture to all of this.

This is just my view of how we stand as an organization before camp for 2013-2014 season..

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
You're just speculating though. Anything can happen. Watch, I can play this game too: Kilorn will get injured half-way into the season, J.T. Brown will get called up, play on the 3rd line, explode offensively and remain on the 2nd line for the rest of the season. Meanwhile Yzerman will trade Panik to improve our defense, Kucherov will have a terrible year in the AHL and never make it to the NHL and the center we will draft in two years will become our new franchise player. Quite pointless, isn't it?

In these polls we try to evaluate what we see right now in our prospects, their potential and ceiling, their readiness and the likelihood for them to reach their potential and/or have a solid career in the NHL. Therefore I see no reason why you are placing J.T. Brown so low.

You're speculating on possible line combinations one, two or more years down the road. Too much can and will happen in the meantime. There will be injuries, trades, drafts, prospects will excel expectations while others won't even play a single NHL game. For instance, let's go back to the 2008-09 season and look at our roster and prospect pool back then. Would you have ever predicted our current roster correctly? Let alone our line combinations come October 3rd?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
You're just speculating though. Anything can happen. Watch, I can play this game too: Kilorn will get injured half-way into the season, J.T. Brown will get called up, play on the 3rd line, explode offensively and remain on the 2nd line for the rest of the season. Meanwhile Yzerman will trade Panik to improve our defense, Kucherov will have a terrible year in the AHL and never make it to the NHL and the center we will draft in two years will become our new franchise player. Quite pointless, isn't it?

In these polls we try to evaluate what we see right now in our prospects, their potential and ceiling, their readiness and the likelihood for them to reach their potential and/or have a solid career in the NHL.

You're speculating on possible line combinations one, two or more years down the road. Too much can and will happen in the meantime. For instance, let's go back to the 2008-09 season and look at our roster back then. Would you have ever predicted our current roster correctly? Let alone our line combinations come October 3rd?

Are you a wizard?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

In these polls we try to evaluate what we see right now in our prospects, their potential and ceiling, their readiness and the likelihood for them to reach their potential and/or have a solid career in the NHL. Therefore I see no reason why you are placing J.T. Brown so low.

You're speculating on possible line combinations one, two or more years down the road. Too much can and will happen in the meantime. There will be injuries, trades, drafts, prospects will excel expectations while others won't even play a single NHL game. For instance, let's go back to the 2008-09 season and look at our roster and prospect pool back then. Would you have ever predicted our current roster correctly? Let alone our line combinations come October 3rd?

No after we had OK dummies running things I was 100% positive the time in tampa for hockey was truly over. I dislike bettman at one point had higher dislike I THANK HIM FOR GETTING RID OF THOSE GUYS honestly lmao THANK YOU MR BETTMAN for making us stay in tampa and become a legit franchise again. Thank you Mr Vinik for coming in and hiring stevie.

I say these thanks with my prayers each day probably lmao.

Case in point was the kuba trade that about broke the camels back for me. I even took some time off watching the lightning I was so disgusted with these two guys running things.

So predict the lineup? NO was sure we were not gonna have a team lol.

I also said a note of how I see things at this moment and acknowledged that will be changes etc.. I mean did you read that or just skip over it?

Brown is a good player think is better than pyatt who is a good player. I just dont see his role with the better players we have.

Sure some are gonna bust potentially but not enough of them to give pyatts or browns shots as we make other moves to clear spots with other assets who become expendable like purcells and malones etc.. We are not going to be giving away people.

I think brown gets his time so can get a pick or something just like pyatt.

Palat is better all around player with more upside. Johnson despite his size is a warrior just like brown and palat but probably better than both of them.

Is pretty scary to think just on prospects that killorn who should be first line winger this year will probably demote to a third line the next year. That is amazing but honestly is how I evaluate our situation.

I went down the list of d and korobov is odd man even though right now I think besides taormina and barberio he is most nhl ready and for now our most physical d man after gudas.

We actually have a glut of talent who are NHL ready and is going to be 2 or more each year after this who will also be NHL ready.

Stevie has done an amazing job. Some will be traded but not a lot we will build a core. I think I see our core but could be wrong.

I dont think kucherov busts lol. I think he becomes almost as special as federov n his great years. Yet also dont think drouin or vasilevskiy bust. Everyone else after that has a higher risk.

I do not see us trading panik lol

Stevie is a lot smarter than some of you give him credit for. Everyone is a peice browns problem is we have similar pieces who are better.

We dont have another Panik for another 2 to 4 years. He is not trade or on table unless we go get someone in free agency cause malone sure as hell is not the answer after next two seasons.

Panik is close to power forward we have. You need that guy so what your saying on some things to me is is not realistic whatsoever.

We got plenty of 5-10 180 pound guys with decent two way games and scoring skills. Those guys who do not have what it takes to be top two line guys on great teams. Whether you want to agree or not or just disagree lol we are on the VERGE of becoming a great team. Not a good team a great team. A team who is a stanley cup contender. We were 3rd in scoring last year. We had bad goaltending and a porous system and imo bad coaching style.

Yet we were best overall team out of playoffs when go by stats of scoring difference etc.. Yes these kids need to gel and might take 1-2 even 3 years to finalize. Yet than we will be a cup contender I see nothing but a plane crash or catastrophe stopping this to be honest. If a guy doesnt make it we have someone else ready and chomping at the bit and too much depth not to get there.

This is why conacher is gone. Is why JT Brown doesnt have a role why pyatt's days are numbered.

None are bad players we just have better ones. Also is not like we just have better ones we have 2-3 who compare and are better.

Last edited:

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
No after we had OK dummies running things I was 100% positive the time in tampa for hockey was truly over. I dislike bettman at one point had higher dislike I THANK HIM FOR GETTING RID OF THOSE GUYS honestly lmao THANK YOU MR BETTMAN for making us stay in tampa and become a legit franchise again. Thank you Mr Vinik for coming in and hiring stevie.

I say these thanks with my prayers each day probably lmao.

Case in point was the kuba trade that about broke the camels back for me. I even took some time off watching the lightning I was so disgusted with these two guys running things.

So predict the lineup? NO was sure we were not gonna have a team lol.

I also said a note of how I see things at this moment and acknowledged that will be changes etc.. I mean did you read that or just skip over it?

Brown is a good player think is better than pyatt who is a good player. I just dont see his role with the better players we have.

Sure some are gonna bust potentially but not enough of them to give pyatts or browns shots as we make other moves to clear spots with other assets who become expendable like purcells and malones etc.. We are not going to be giving away people.

I think brown gets his time so can get a pick or something just like pyatt.

Palat is better all around player with more upside. Johnson despite his size is a warrior just like brown and palat but probably better than both of them.

Is pretty scary to think just on prospects that killorn who should be first line winger this year will probably demote to a third line the next year. That is amazing but honestly is how I evaluate our situation.

I went down the list of d and korobov is odd man even though right now I think besides taormina and barberio he is most nhl ready and for now our most physical d man after gudas.

We actually have a glut of talent who are NHL ready and is going to be 2 or more each year after this who will also be NHL ready.

Stevie has done an amazing job. Some will be traded but not a lot we will build a core. I think I see our core but could be wrong.

I dont think kucherov busts lol. I think he becomes almost as special as federov n his great years. Yet also dont think drouin or vasilevskiy bust. Everyone else after that has a higher risk.

I do not see us trading panik lol

Stevie is a lot smarter than some of you give him credit for. Everyone is a peice browns problem is we have similar pieces who are better.

We dont have another Panik for another 2 to 4 years. He is not trade or on table unless we go get someone in free agency cause malone sure as hell is not the answer after next two seasons.

Panik is close to power forward we have. You need that guy so what your saying on some things to me is is not realistic whatsoever.

We got plenty of 5-10 180 pound guys with decent two way games and scoring skills. Those guys who do not have what it takes to be top two line guys on great teams. Whether you want to agree or not or just disagree lol we are on the VERGE of becoming a great team. Not a good team a great team. A team who is a stanley cup contender. We were 3rd in scoring last year. We had bad goaltending and a porous system and imo bad coaching style.

Yet we were best overall team out of playoffs when go by stats of scoring difference etc.. Yes these kids need to gel and might take 1-2 even 3 years to finalize. Yet than we will be a cup contender I see nothing but a plane crash or catastrophe stopping this to be honest. If a guy doesnt make it we have someone else ready and chomping at the bit and too much depth not to get there.

This is why conacher is gone. Is why JT Brown doesnt have a role why pyatt's days are numbered.

None are bad players we just have better ones. Also is not like we just have better ones we have 2-3 who compare and are better.
We talked a bit about this yesterday Robert. We all Have differences of opinion, the one thing to keep on mind though the one thing we all pretty much absolutely agree on is that our prospect is stacked. Thing is we need to temper our enthusiasm.

Im probably the only one that agrees with you on Kucherov, at least the only one that admits it. When I watch him play I see something special, real special..I honestly believe he can be a top five player in this league. Thing is we need to go the proper route too develop him to get to that point.

We need to see I'd he can dominate against men and keep thus up. Also no matter how good a prospect is, there is a possibility of busting. There is a reason why we seem more excited about Tyler Johnson than a guy like Namensikov. Its because Vlad hasn't made it to the NHL yet, and until he does we will have to accept a possibility that he will bust, even though Has a higher ceiling than Tyler Johnson.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
Im probably the only one that agrees with you on Kucherov, at least the only one that admits it. When I watch him play I see something special, real special..I honestly believe he can be a top five player in this league. Thing is we need to go the proper route too develop him to get to that point.

We need to see I'd he can dominate against men and keep thus up. Also no matter how good a prospect is, there is a possibility of busting. There is a reason why we seem more excited about Tyler Johnson than a guy like Namensikov. Its because Vlad hasn't made it to the NHL yet, and until he does we will have to accept a possibility that he will bust, even though Has a higher ceiling than Tyler Johnson.

No, you're not the only one who agrees about Kucherov - I'm really high on him, too. He's just so dangerous player on the ice, I've seen ~20 games from him and it seems that every time he touches the puck he creates some kind of scoring chance. I don't know how he's game will translate to pro level but if he'll play in the AHL the way he played in WJC's and in Q I've no doubts for Kucherov anymore. He's ceiling is up there with Drouin, he might not be as skilled as Drouin but the way he creates offense from nowhere tells how special he is; just really, really smart player.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
We talked a bit about this yesterday Robert. We all Have differences of opinion, the one thing to keep on mind though the one thing we all pretty much absolutely agree on is that our prospect is stacked. Thing is we need to temper our enthusiasm.

Lol I know brother what I am trying to relate is why I put JT down lower or why my thought process right now is where it is at. Similar players so a guy who is 3rd or 4th as a similar player to me is no where near a guy who has an upside as a power forward say a hart is. I hope that makes sense.

Everyone has their role. If you put the players into categories of where you see them and you have a guy who is the fourth best of guys you have right now nhl ready he has a serious lot less value than a guy who is second out of a category. Why I explained everything and why dont like where people are viewing these kids. So if you trade off assets who just are not as good as the assets you have what type of situation are they going to? Doubtful is a weaker team for next two years and thats when I see a lot of movement.

So their potential actually takes a hit in that regards the better the team the less likely they have longer careers or better careers or better shots etc..

I am high on our prospects cause we do not just have one solution in most cases we have 3 or 4 of the same type of guy. I see that as kinda fail proof so I get you guys who are like well temper this temper that. I just agree to disagree lol.

The depth is what makes it that we dont need to temper that much. Also my expectations are not yours or anyones. I have said if connolly becomes a 40 point player he is not a bust even though I think is gonna be 9 or 10 kids who two way game is probably as good as his or better. I get top 6 pick but I dont use that as much either.

I broke down for you yesterday how I evaluate guys and is a lot different than most people I am sure you would agree. Its not just points is more two way play what intangibles do they bring etc.. is a two way game sure is nice to have 80 point guys but if your giving back 90? YOU SUCK I mean this. Give me datsyuks and barkovs and gallenchyuks. Give me Johnsons over a connolly since ive seen him told to shut down tavares and he got it done. Give me killorns a whole team of them and you have a couple special guys and a good defense and goaltending and you will win a cup:)

Dont need huge guys or guys that hit a ton need a team each person has its role. Yet if can put a team together with 3 - 4 great scorers and than a bunch of gritty good guys with two way games who have offensive upside you will compete for a cup with good defense and solid goaltending and if you get a hot goalie you will win that cup.

I actually see us having this chemistry. Yep gonna be some huge growing pains next two seasons:) Is plenty of options and will get figured out. Maybe JT proves more valuable than johnson or palat or killorn but not gonna hold my breath on that one. At this point these kids just need to learn to play as a team. Is too many of them who have the skills mentality and offensive upside that enough wont work out to make us that team I have predicted.

I think we have everything needed for now just got to learn to play together and let these kids get comfortable to the NHL speed etc.. I dont expect anyone to just come in lighting it up think kucherov and drouin could be over 0.5 guys right off bat but kucherov is going back to ahl. Yet killorn at 0.5 was pretty damm special last year. You look at progression of the really good players some jump all the way up to 1.0 after years like that. I dont expect that even on first line with killorn. Yet figure will at least stay where he is at. Which 40 some points for a 22 year old is pretty friggin awesome to me:)

Im just excited we got ice being laid down got guys coming to camp next week:)

I dont expect us to compete for the cup yet lol. I dont expect drouin to get 60 points. I dont expect killorn to hit 80 etc.. I have tempered my hopes just like everyone else.

I just see by the options this is gonna work out pretty good. So dont see how will fail hope doesnt take more than three years but is gonna be fun to watch as these kids grow and to see what is their final status?

The only guys in our system i have becoming more than 60 point top guys are drouin kucherov and connolly.

Went to what is your team gonna score this year earlier for goals and points. Had all these guys saying would have four guys hitting over 30 goals and 3 hitting 70-80 on each team lol. I thought was like 20 guys hit the 80 point thing in nhl per year:)

Also last year little over half a year were not a ton of guys getting more than 20 goals on each team. I think most people have too high of expectations or the fans do.

Mine are actually lower than you guys realize. After those top three guys the others drop to 60 or less point range. This is all of our prospects. I doubt second line hits over 60 this year. more like 3 guys at 45-55 that is points range.

We are changing how we play. We will play more two way games. More responsibility this will cause some point productions to go down. That is my belief.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad