Pre-Game Talk: Tampa Bay @ Detroit : 7:30 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
HOLD UP! No Ericsson on the top pair? I like it!

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Defense:
Kronwall-Smith
DeKeyser-Ericsson
Kindl-Marchenko

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Lines:
Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Larkin
Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist
Andersson-Helm-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glendening-Ferraro
Jurco appears to be scratched.

Andersson taking Jurco's possible spot? Times are hard for #26.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
I hate Andersson in the top 9. That third line will be awful.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ericsson is 7th in ES IT per game. Less than Kindl and Smith. Can't say I'm mad about it.

Actual Thought*

Smith on the top pair? This is going to be brutal. Wings lose by 3 or more.

Actual Thought*

I don't think he could be much worse than Ericsson.

Yes he can. He has been defensively bad playing sheltered minutes against weaker opponents. His brain farts will end up in the net vs Tampa's top lines.

How a player is a healthy scratch after playing horribly and then gets rewarded with PP time and then promoted to the top pairing is beyond me. Sends a great message to those who play well.:shakehead

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Yes he can. He has been defensively bad playing sheltered minutes against weaker opponents. His brain farts will end up in the net vs Tampa's top lines.

How a player is a healthy scratch after playing horribly and then gets rewarded with PP time and then promoted to the top pairing is beyond me. Sends a great message to those who play well.:shakehead

Who has played well? Maybe DeKeyser. Kronwall has been average. No one else has played well on our defense, so if anything it sends the message the your job is not safe if you continue to play like ****.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Ericsson is 7th in ES IT per game. Less than Kindl and Smith. Can't say I'm mad about it.
Seems like Ericsson is in Blashill's doghouse. I certainly hope Smith steps up. But for all his mistakes, I do think E is better than Kindl (by a lot) and that Kindl is playing way too much. That reclamation project needs to end, Kindl will never get it together.

That 3rd line is brutal.
It's been brutal all season almost regardless of who has been on it. Can't do much about it with Dats, Richards and Franzen out. Need Helm to step up a bit.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Seems like Ericsson is in Blashill's doghouse. I certainly hope Smith steps up. But for all his mistakes, I do think E is better than Kindl (by a lot) and that Kindl is playing way too much. That reclamation project needs to end, Kindl will never get it together.

Yeah, Kindl shouldn't be on the ice at all.

You know how you have those friends with terrible girlfriends but they won't break up with them? That's kind of how I feel about Holland and Kindl.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

You know how you have those friends with terrible girlfriends but they won't break up with them? That's kind of how I feel about Holland and Kindl.
Yep they basically moved in together too fast and now they hate eachother and want to break up but Kindl can't find a new apartment and Holland is too much of a nice guy to just throw him out on the street.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yep they basically moved in together too fast and now they hate eachother and want to break up but Kindl can't find a new apartment and Holland is too much of a nice guy to just throw him out on the street.

Lol, exactly.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan

And it's still too much.

The man can turn the smallest speck of dirt into a mountain of ****.

Expecting a loss tonight. Looks like we just missed Tampa's slump.

Save us Luke Glendenning, you are our only hope.

Last edited:

Actual Thought*

Who has played well? Maybe DeKeyser. Kronwall has been average. No one else has played well on our defense, so if anything it sends the message the your job is not safe if you continue to play like ****.
and the ******** you play the more likely you are to be rewarded.

Actual Thought*

Apparently Blashill loves himself some Kindl. Holland gave him Green and he chose Kindl on the first PP unit. Some games Kindl has been among the top ice time getters on the team.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Apparently Blashill loves himself some Kindl. Holland gave him Green and he chose Kindl on the first PP unit. Some games Kindl has been among the top ice time getters on the team.

Maybe he's trying to play him more so Holland could trade him? I don't know, I certainly don't agree with it regardless.

Actual Thought*

This sounds a lot like what people were saying last year as well.
I don't remember players going from scratched to promotion. People did say a lot of things that aren't proving to be accurate though.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

Must have played a lot during those games considering Kindl has played the 7th most minutes among defensemen.

Actual Thought*

Maybe he's trying to play him more so Holland could trade him? I don't know, I certainly don't agree with it regardless.

I have no idea what the thought process is but I don't like it.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Has Jurco been that bad? :dunno:

Not in my opinion. He can for sure be better, but should not be getting scratched in favor of Andersson.

I wonder what will happen long term if we keep sitting Jurco. Surely waivers isn't an option, he's gotta have some value left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad