GDT: TAMPA BAY @ DETROIT / 10-14-7:30 / SEASON OPENER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
How was the atmosphere at Joe Louis.... I mean... at Little Caesars? :D

Was it like in the good old days before corona and before tank?

For me, behind a stream... it looked like Hockeytown is back again. This welcome to hell should be our new attitude. Take no prisoners. :naughty:

I'll let you know tomorrow. After that first game, the pre-season hype, the young blood getting a chance to cut their teeth...there is a palpable excitement in the fan base for the first time in years. A Saturday night game with all those factors in play...I just hope the team comes out hellbent on correcting last night, because I think the crowd could be pretty rowdy.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
Why is NHL refereeing and player safety still suck a joke? Almost every other sports league in the world has worked out how to protect players and clean up the game.
Refereeing is tough because the game is insanely fast. Player Safety on the other hand should be easy.... Maybe they shouldn't be naming former goons to lead the department.

Reactions: RayMoonDoh

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Also I can see Leddy getting extended.

I can see Leddy turning into a late 1st round pick.

It’s too bad both things can’t happen.

I really love his skating back there and I can see Leddy being a solid contributor for 4 more years (if healthy). Right now he’s the only LD we have that’s worth a damn until Edvinsson and Johansson make it.

Reactions: WF19 and Henkka

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I’ll say it again. We need some muscle. These guys are going to get beat up every game, just like the way Dats and Zett were. I dream of the days of Kocur and Proebert

Reactions: 14ari13

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I’ll say it again. We need some muscle. These guys are going to get beat up every game, just like the way Dats and Zett were. I dream of the days of Kocur and Proebert

Put Rowney on the next game.

I don't care how bad he is, but he should take care of all cheapshots. And Givani was great. He is a pain-in-the ass guy.

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit

For me, behind a stream... it looked like Hockeytown is back again. This welcome to hell should be our new attitude. Take no prisoners. :naughty:
I never went to the Joe but last night was probably one of the best crowds in the last couple of years. It definitely felt like playoff hockey.

Reactions: Henkka

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Greiss or Bernie in net and this game is a win. Was not impressed with Ned at all, but the defense certainly didn't help.
Bernie wins 6-3, Greiss 6-4, Nedeljkovic loses 7-6.
He did leave it! And Dekeyser turned it over so fast he didn’t get a chance to get back into the net. I’d be really mad about that if I’m Ned
That play is 99,9% Nedeljkovic fault.
Definitely. That pos Joseph needs beating, a dirty soab.

Reactions: Gniwder
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I'm kinda mad that Givani didn't jump the little ***** when he had a chance.

When do we play them next? I honestly think Givani needs to go after Joseph. I'm happy Larkin has the balls to stick up for himself, but someone else should have done a bit more in my opinion. New alternate captain Marc Staal was literally watching the whole play happen, and didn't even jump Joseph. Instead he followed the puck to the corner.

Reactions: 14ari13

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
He did leave it! And Dekeyser turned it over so fast he didn’t get a chance to get back into the net. I’d be really mad about that if I’m Ned
DeKeyser had a stride on the forechecker. The puck was coming around the boards. If Ned leaves it alone, DK gets to the puck first and it's an easy rim around the boards. DK communicates his desire for Ned to leave the puck alone. Ned instead angles the puck off the boards which allows the forechecker to get a stick on the puck as DK has to adjust to clear it.

It's one of those unfortunate things. I'm sure Ned didn't have a full sense of what DK wanted there. It happens fast, it seems immaterial. But Ned very clearly does not just "leave it".

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It’s too bad both things can’t happen.

I really love his skating back there and I can see Leddy being a solid contributor for 4 more years (if healthy). Right now he’s the only LD we have that’s worth a damn until Edvinsson and Johansson make it.
I would love a 2-3 year extension for Leddy. Maintain flexibility to trade him, but right now it feels like he's more valuable playing for us than giving us an extra draft pick.

2022-23 season we should see Edvinsson and Johansson push for jobs. Edvinsson could be ready for a 2nd pairing role. Johansson maybe as a 3rd pairing.
But won't be until 23-24 I see Leddy start sliding down the lineup.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida

Wait until Seider starts easing himself into his physical game. A few crunches should get the crowd rocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad