Pre-Game Talk: Tampa Bay @ Carolina

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
I'm curiously awaiting the announcement that Ellis is starting. This is THE biggest game so far this season, and Ward is in la-la land.

Chip tweeted that Ellis is starting tomorrow. There is hope!

Last edited:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Projected line up for tomorrow?

Doing my first GDT

Tlusty//Eric//Semin
LaRose//Jordan//Dwyer
Bowman//Jokinen//Wallace
Welsh//Nash//Nodl

would be my guess for forwards

Harrison//Faulk
Murphy//Corvo
Jordan//Sangs

was the D against WPG, if Pitkänen and Gleason play, I'd imagine it'll be

Gleason//Faulk
Pitkänen//Corvo
Harrison//Sangs

Reactions: MinJaBen

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Hey Canes fans. I'm starting to get really interested in following this team and am wondering what Twitter sources to follow. Any guidance is appreciated!

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Hey Canes fans. I'm starting to get really interested in following this team and am wondering what Twitter sources to follow. Any guidance is appreciated!

@ice_chip - Chip Alexander, N&O beat writer
@LukeDeCock - Luke DeCock, former beat writer, very well connected and informed
@MikeSundheim - Canes PR guy
@PaulBranecky - Media director for the Charlotte Chekers
@MSmithCanes - Canes media
@HurricanesDaily - new Canes info site, has broken a good bit of info in the recent past.
@corylav - covers Canes prospects here and for Canes Country
@CanesCountry
@NHLCanes

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

@ice_chip - Chip Alexander, N&O Beat Reporter
@JohnForslund
@AndTheLetterK (Chuck Kaiton)
@MikeSundheim (Hurricanes PR)

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Seems like you guys have way more coverage than Dallas. Pretty cool.

What type of system do the Canes play?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Tlusty//Eric//Semin
LaRose//Jordan//Dwyer
Bowman//Jokinen//Wallace
Welsh//Nash//Nodl

would be my guess for forwards

Harrison//Faulk
Murphy//Corvo
Jordan//Sangs

was the D against WPG, if Pitkänen and Gleason play, I'd imagine it'll be

I don't think that's quite right. Last night had Bowman on J. Staal's line (Chip tweeted today he was staying on the line at practice as well), Nodl on Jokinen's line and LaRose on the 4th with Nash and Westgarth.

And the defense against WPG had Murphy paired with Harrison and Faulk paired with Corvo.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/depthchart.htm?dcid=12

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Just a hypothetical, if Pitkanen were to come back for tomorrow's game and we shipped off one of our healthy d for a pick, could we still keep Murphy? Not that it would ever happen, just wondering how emergency call-up rules work.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I think this will mark the first game since the 05-06 season where general consensus is: "Ward isn't starting? Good."

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
Just a hypothetical, if Pitkanen were to come back for tomorrow's game and we shipped off one of our healthy d for a pick, could we still keep Murphy? Not that it would ever happen, just wondering how emergency call-up rules work.

Nope. Michael Smith tweeted earlier that as soon as Pitakenen or Gleason return, Murphy has to go back to Kitchner.

Tampa is the team to beat for the division. If we can get a win in regulation that'll help pad the points as we'll also have a game in hand. If we lose, it's not the end of the world cause we'll still have that game in hand, but we just need to take care of business and win this on home ice and keep the lead on the division.

And in case anyone cares, its the first black jersey game as well.

MovesLikeJagr

Jan 15, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Nope. Michael Smith tweeted earlier that as soon as Pitakenen or Gleason return, Murphy has to go back to Kitchner.

Tampa is the team to beat for the division. If we can get a win in regulation that'll help pad the points as we'll also have a game in hand. If we lose, it's not the end of the world cause we'll still have that game in hand, but we just need to take care of business and win this on home ice and keep the lead on the division.

And in case anyone cares, its the first black jersey game as well.

Last year's black jersey games included the win over Vancouver on my birthday, and the shut out of the Caps.
I'm feeling good about the black jerseys this time around.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFLNSxV3hYs
Video embeds not working...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad