Pre-Game Talk: Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
This is a battle of two weak teams, who somehow managed to steal Cups from far more deserving teams from Siberia, AKA, Alberta.

Neither team cares about, or watches hockey, so this thread is technically & theoretically pointless. I mean cheerleaders? Girl as a rinkside reporter? Mascots? Let alone a bumble bee and a pig. For shame.

That said, we need a win to maintain our lead atop the SEC and the automatic title game berth that comes with it.

GO CANES!!!! :)

Reactions: MinJaBen

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
How's the defence for this match? Looks like Sanguinetti injured yesterday, and there was already Pitkänen, Gleason and McBain missing.

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
I'm sure it will continue to be awful.

That being said, Ellis time.

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina
No he came back and played in the third.

I think Sanguinetti realizes that if he goes down, his chance up here may be over - probably going to need a stretcher to keep him off the ice if he is in the lineup.

If Joni is back tomorrow my bet would be that Sangs is the one sitting in the press box.

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
I'm pretty sure if Joni is back they have to send Murphy back to Kitchener, so he likely won't be in the box.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
As much as I have been ripping Sangs, Jordan has actually looked worse. I would send him back down to the AHL first. Though it's moot since Murphy is the one who has to go back to juniors.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I'm pretty sure if Joni is back they have to send Murphy back to Kitchener, so he likely won't be in the box.

Between this fact, the fact that Forslund described Pitkanen's injury as "nagging" on 620 this morning, and the fact that Pitkanen historically does not play well at less than 100%, I think Murphy will play Saturday night.

I think we'll hold all the defensemen until either Murphy plays 4 games or at least 2 of them are ready to return to send both Murphy and Jordan back.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh

Can't we just say Sangs is injured and keep Murphy? I'd rather dress Murphy. Even if we have to tell a little white lie.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
This will be a pretty big swing game. I think Tampa's our toughest competition, and they are right on our tails. Win this and we make some breathing room.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
PEA9f_zps247617ee.jpg

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
3rd place in the East gets decided in this one game. This is NOT a time to let the opponent into a game. The Canes need to play with a killer instinct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad