TBN: Tallinder named Alternate captain

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/nhl-justice-leaves-sabres-scott-a-bit-puzzled-20131117

Nolan said before the game that veteran defenseman Henrik Tallinder had been named an alternate captain after the position was left vacant by the trade of Thomas Vanek. Tallinder wore an ‘A’ last week in Anaheim when regular alternate Christian Ehrhoff was out with an injury.

Said Nolan of Tallinder: “From the first time I said hello to him, you could look in the guy’s eyes and say this guy sincerely cares.â€

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
Tallinder has been a pleasant surprise for sure (or my expectations for him were just incredibly low), happy to see him rewarded for his effort in what will most likely end up as a couple of meaningless seasons towards the end of a good NHL-career :handclap:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Not that he's been great.... but he's been a lot better than I thought he'd be.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
I think a vet like Tallinder is a great locker room presence and for that reason I like this move. But I guess I'm of the opinion that team leaders should be contributing to on ice play just as much as they might off ice. He was a -2 this week and a ghost on the points board. That's not what I'd like to see from our letter guys. I know he's not what he used to but I expect people to bring a better standard when they're given the reins (this also goes for Ott under Rolston).

If, on the other hand, this is just some weird continuation of Darcy's habit of slapping letters on people and shipping them out of town, I'm more on board with this decision.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Clearly the "A" was so heavy it got in the way of him covering his man repeatedly last night. ;) I kid, I kid...

Nice to see the acknowledgement of him as a competitive vet. Well deserved.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
BZOKjwXCcAAMC14.jpg:large

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad