Talking The Avs Ep 11 - “A trade is happening soonâ€

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I'm laughing at the folks who think Holden is trade bait at the deadline, I said he deserves credit for the way he's played. Ive seen people actually suggest that the Avs might look to unload his contract. I'm not kidding when I say he's safer than MacKinnon. And yes for the play he's given and the money he's making he is worth that contract.

no kidding, he really looks better and better, if we only knew...
I remember how ROR looked his fort two years, remember he was not always a super player?
So, we need a blue line fix, even with the two kids up? Thoughts TV regarding anyone we could snag in a trade for a competent, not great d man?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Had some time to listen, really enjoyed it. Glad you guys touched on the draft and the WJC.

Agreed with Luke about Juolevi and Tigre about being outside of the top 10 on who we will target.

But we also understand that not all the players who have had good WJC will stay where they are. We're at the point of "shiny new toy' syndrome for WJC and some of that spark will fade as some players will rise, fall, with others coming out of nowhere like Tuft.

Disagree with Luke though about Puljujarvi and Laine, I am on the Puljujarvi bandwagon, but Laine is not far behind. I think they're eye for eye with different strengths IMO.

Liked the shout out to Polak and I agree with you Robin that Tanguay could generate some interest.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I mentioned it in the prospects thread but we are planning the next podcast tomorrow focused on prospects. If you'd like us to address anything specific let us know. We will for sure hit all the names people are interested in so no worries there. And there will be goalie talk.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Even though we already talked AHL I would like to get your take on Martin. You watch so many of the draft eligible goalies I'm not sure who to ask about ;)

But yes folks, any goalie questions here's your chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad