Talent level by league

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
I don't know what to think about Ncaa. There are som really good players there (just look at Broc Little tearing up allsvenskan) but I think, without having watched any games, just a couple of highlights, that as a whole it's below average.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
1. NHL
2. KHL
3. Elitserien
4. SM Liiga
5. AHL
6. NLA
7. DEL
8. Czech
9. Allsvenskan
10. Slovak
11. VHL
12. EBEL
13. Mestis
14. Belarus
15. OHL, QMJHL, WHL
16. MHL, USHL

17. ECHL
18. France
19. Denmark
20. England
21. Italy
22. Kazakhstan
23. Norway

No way should junior leagues be that high.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
bump.

NHL
KHL
SHL/ NLA / Liiga / AHL
DEL / Czech / Austria
ECHL / France / Italy / UK / Denmark / Slovakia / Norway
Holland / MOL

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
bump.

NHL
KHL
SHL/ NLA / Liiga / AHL
DEL / Czech / Austria
Allsvenskan / VHL
ECHL / France / Italy / UK / Denmark / Slovakia / Norway / Mestis / DEL 2
Holland / MOL/ Kazakhstan

Added 2nd tier leagues and Kazakhstan to this in bold

Maybe put Kazakhstan in it's own tier above Netherlands and MOL but leave it there for now, I'd also probably bump Austria down because I don't think it's at quite the same level as DEL and Czech yet, maybe bump Slovakia up on same tier as Austria?

Sucro

Rhymesayers Fanboy
May 11, 2013
Vienna
I think Belarusian Extraleague is worthy enough to be at least on MOL level as well as I guess Polish league is not that far from the Netherlandish one.
I would place Kazakhstan and British leagues on the same separate level.
Any ideas where should Asia League Ice Hockey be placed?

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I think Belarusian Extraleague is worthy enough to be at least on MOL level as well as I guess Polish league is not that far from the Netherlandish one.
I would place Kazakhstan and British leagues on the same separate level.
Any ideas where should Asia League Ice Hockey be placed?

British champions Nottingham Panthers will play Kazakh champions in the Continental Cup this weekend so we will see how that goes

They lost 4-3 in a close game against VHL champions Toros today

I think if you are going to move British league down, French and Italian should go with it

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
NHL
KHL
SHL / NLA / AHL
Liiga / DEL / Czech
EBEL / Slovakia / VHL
Asia League / Allsvenskan / NLB / ECHL
Italy / UK / Denmark / Norway
Kazakhstan / France / DEL 2 / Czech2 / Mestis
Poland / Netherland / MOL / Belarus / Slovakia2 / INL (Austria2+Italy2+Slovenia)

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The top Danish team at the moment SønderjydskE managed to lose (1-2) to Dunaújvárosi Acélbikák from MOL liga in the Continental Cup......
Stavanger from the Norwegian league beat Neman Grodno (Belarus League) in OT (4-3) in the same group.

So it looks that these teams are quite equal and that MOL is being underrated.

babyshamble

Sep 11, 2006
Oslo/Bangkok
The top Danish team at the moment SønderjydskE managed to lose (1-2) to Dunaújvárosi Acélbikák from MOL liga in the Continental Cup......
Stavanger from the Norwegian league beat Neman Grodno (Belarus League) in OT (4-3) in the same group.

So it looks that these teams are quite equal and that MOL is being underrated.

Stavanger beat Dunaújvárosi 9-1 in todays game. Sønderjyske - Neman Grodno is still 0-0 going into the 3rd.

I think a lot of people are underestimating the Norwegian league. In my opinion the quality has increased the last few years. The import players are clearly on a higher level than before and most teams now have academys which makes it possible for junior players to practice 2 times every day.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Stavanger beat Dunaújvárosi 9-1 in todays game. Sønderjyske - Neman Grodno is still 0-0 going into the 3rd.

I think a lot of people are underestimating the Norwegian league. In my opinion the quality has increased the last few years. The import players are clearly on a higher level than before and most teams now have academys which makes it possible for junior players to practice 2 times every day.

SønderjydskE also lost their final game 1-3 to Stavanger that wins the tournamant.
So strong play by Stavanger and total flop for Sønderjydske.
The Danish league has regressed a lot since the financial crises in 2007 and really a lot since the golden age in the 90's where we have Skriko, Bragin, Bjørkstrand, Truhno, Tambijevs among many good names.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad