Talent in the CHL This Year

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I'm mostly just a casual observer of the CHL and don't get to see nearly as many games as I'd like to (although heading to the Red Deer-Edmonton game on Sunday with my 3 year old), but it seems to me CHL watchers might get a little spoiled this year?

It seems like there's extra talent this year maybe? With the potentially excellent 2012 draft crop, some very good Europeans, players leaving the NCAA, and certain players that could possibly be sent down (Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog, Huberdeau, etc.), I'm just really excited about this season.

Is it just me? (It very well could be.)

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Eveyr year there's gonna be a massive amount of talent in the CHL. I think this year is better than last because the '91s are kind of a weak group across Canada and the 19 year old talent really drives the talent across the leagues. This year with the '92s being 19 and the '93s and '94s a year older the talent should be better than last year, plus you got '95s like MacKinnon and Domi and even a '96.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I'm mostly just a casual observer of the CHL and don't get to see nearly as many games as I'd like to (although heading to the Red Deer-Edmonton game on Sunday with my 3 year old), but it seems to me CHL watchers might get a little spoiled this year?

It seems like there's extra talent this year maybe? With the potentially excellent 2012 draft crop, some very good Europeans, players leaving the NCAA, and certain players that could possibly be sent down (Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog, Huberdeau, etc.), I'm just really excited about this season.

Is it just me? (It very well could be.)

Just to clear something up....Landeskog cannot be sent bak to the CHL.
No one drafted him in the import draft when he was released by Kitchener when they fill their import slots with Radek Faska.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Just to clear something up....Landeskog cannot be sent bak to the CHL.
No one drafted him in the import draft when he was released by Kitchener when they fill their import slots with Radek Faska.
So it's the NHL or Sweden... I guess he's a lock to make the Avs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad