Talbot to be fined for goaltender interference comments

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Organization is probably afraid that by making comments about the officiating, it will make the refs turn against us. Not sure how it can possibly be any worse than the daily abuse McDavid takes without so much as a sniff.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Better yet, have the owner step up and clear his voice and take one for the team so to speak. That would get the NHL's attention a lot faster than is Talbot or the Coach do it.
The only time the owner has ever cared enough to actually speak publicly as a representative of the team was when he was asking for money for the arena. As if he’s going to speak out about officiating, especially when doing so would cost him money to do it.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
lol. a fine. How do they justify 'a fine' for a dude speaking his mind? Because in the end it's all entertainment and everyone's on the same side? I guess that must be it. Ridiculous that you get a fine for telling someone they suck. I think I'll start fining people when they tell me I suck.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Talbot might have pleaded temporary insanity to the charge as he is usually soft spoken and professional with interviews. Not that time.

Judge Bettman probably agreed and withdrew the case.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
It’s just about been a week since Talbot went off. If the league was going to do anything about it, wouldn’t it have happened by now?

Also, TMac doesn’t gripe about the officials because he needs to save bank for those flashy Caesar Romero Joker suits.

Reactions: belair

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
lol. a fine. How do they justify 'a fine' for a dude speaking his mind? Because in the end it's all entertainment and everyone's on the same side? I guess that must be it. Ridiculous that you get a fine for telling someone they suck. I think I'll start fining people when they tell me I suck.

You ******* **** **** and are an ******* with ******* ***** up your ******** !!!!!

We need an electronic swear jar on this site so we can compensate people when we blow up on them just like the NHL uses for players/officials... then this group on HFOil would move closer to becoming tier 1 fans. :)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I think it would have happened by now. The NHL clearly doesn't even give a crap when we complain and call them out. That is how bad it is.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Good on Talbot for speaking up but it's not going to do anything. The team needs to throw it's weight around a bit more starting by becoming much more active among the BoG.

No more Gretzky being an "ambassador of the game" and parading around for the league.
No more using McDavid as their little poster child. Limit him to the absolute bare minimum related to NHL marketing and events.

Reactions: TheRebuild

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
You ******* **** **** and are an ******* with ******* ***** up your ******** !!!!!

We need an electronic swear jar on this site so we can compensate people when we blow up on them just like the NHL uses for players/officials... then this group on HFOil would move closer to becoming tier 1 fans. :)

That's 50 vCash! Oh yeah, we don't have vCash anymore.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I wonder if he'll be fined for excessive celebration for winning a goalie interference challenge. That was seriously the funniest thing ever, throwing his hands up like they had won the game.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad